Archinect
anchor

Modular stacking/skyscapers

Archkeytech

Hi, Im an architecture student and only have 2 or less years of experience. I'm really interested in this topic but i do not know where to start. 

We all know that architecture begin with primitive huts where it used to be really ornamented. eg temples, shophouses or even igloos and kampong houses. 

Only after prosperity and technology, the industrial movement took place and there came "ornamentation & crime" . Buildings no longer needed such good craftsmanship. Instead, now buildings only need functional uses today. 

Gentrification takes place and some old heritage of buildings are lost. Technology allows us to build buildings that goes vertically upwards now. It saves land and actually can save a neighborhood of "old houses" worth of land. 

What i have in mind now is to merge an old heritage with modernity. What would be the best way to approach this? 

For example, shophouses 

Characteristics of shophouses:

-Ornamented
-2 to 3 storeys
-5-foot way
-Shop & residence
-Firewalls
-Terraced
-Narrow frontages
-Great depths
-Lively colours

May 15, 13 5:06 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: