Archinect
anchor

Summer Internship Wages for the Corporate Realm?

mr_minnesota

How much do summer interns get paid in corporate firms on average? For firms like Gensler, RTKL, and other big name firms? If you're a current M.arch student with no prior experence, in New York City or Los Angeles?

Mar 22, 08 12:59 pm
justavisual

15ish

Mar 22, 08 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
generative_monkey

If I remember right, I got $15/hr at Gensler in New York back in 2005. Plus any overtime we worked (which was not much at all).

Mar 22, 08 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

if you have a specialization they might pay you more... a little more :)

Mar 23, 08 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
threeewizmen

what about typical firms, around 20 ppl? I've been applying for summer internships? And a few of them have asked me what wages I expect, and I've only interned last summer at a small firm ($9 an hour) and I'm finishing my 3rd year of my bachelors. What should I be asking?

Mar 23, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

ask for 15 and see what you get...

you can always settle for lower

Mar 23, 08 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
sleepyhead

I think RTKL paid more. I got $14 working at the Dallas office while Gensler offered $12.

Dec 27, 08 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
chaos3WA

ask for $28 and see what you can get. they're always going to negotiate you down.

Dec 28, 08 12:53 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

whoa, i wish i could get $28!

Dec 28, 08 1:08 am  · 
 · 
grid

i got $25/hour last summer + extra for overtime. seriously, go for $28 and see what you can get.

Dec 28, 08 7:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: