Archinect
anchor

And the coffees bad too

evilplatypus

Starbucks ordered to pay back tips

Mar 21, 08 11:21 am
vado retro

i got a latte from sb's this morning it tasted fine, but they really need to weed out employees who's voices remind me of Madam from the ventriloquist team of Waylon and Madam. shiver.....

Mar 21, 08 11:23 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

there coffee has a really burned taste to me. The problem is theres nowhere left to get coffee besides Sbux - they finally put my Italian coffee house out of biz. DAM U SBUX!!

Mar 21, 08 11:41 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

well their stock price has fallen by half that should make your tongue feel better...

Mar 21, 08 11:45 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

The damage has been done. There are I shit you not now 8 SBUX within a 5 min walk of my front door

Mar 21, 08 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Starbuck's new ad campaign:

I think they're gearing up for a war with the upcoming McSpresso

The only coffee chain I love - Peet's

Mar 21, 08 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

they are going to start selling $7 cups of coffee
and give free refills

Mar 21, 08 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I went to this coffe shop where the beans are got from some importers the Little Italy on Harlem Ave next to O'Hare - flown in daily - the best dam coffee Ive ever had. A mom and Pop who were always crowded. I cant believe it was a lack of traffic that drove them out but instead the rents.

Mar 21, 08 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
mdler
how mdler rolls
Mar 21, 08 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

mdler, aren't you in silver lake? kaldi in atwater has great coffee, and roasts on premises. i had an incredible macchiato at groundworks downtown the other day.

Mar 21, 08 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

there are actually quite a few indy coffee shops areound. theres one called henry's, theres the one lb told me about today, theres one next to my hairstylists next to the pilates studio, there's lb's client hubbards and cravens which is up north a ways. so they do exist. i enjoyed cafe neri while in england.

Mar 21, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
moose drool

Interesting graphic comparing three Columbia exports: coffee (blue), bananas (red), cocaine (yellow):

Mar 21, 08 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

coke is coffee x 10

Mar 21, 08 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
ReflexiveSpace
Starbucks helps small coffee?

Sometimes they pressure out small business (although i think a lot of people take the money and leave happily when its a buyout situation). You could argue they made the large market that they dominate today. Specialty coffee didn't have much of a market before then.
Starbucks isn't the walmart of coffee. Still i don't really go there. Actual coffee is bad, latte and espresso drinks are not so bad. Local places are better around here though.

Mar 21, 08 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

indy isnt really on the gourmet coffee treadmill anywaze. i can't think of a shop where i can walk in and buy coffee that was roasted on site.

Mar 21, 08 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Being 100% Colombian, I feel it's my moral obligation to inform this thread the modern-day truth behind the Colombian flag. Yellow represents the richness in resources, in particular gold. The blue symbolizes the only South American country that touches both the Atlantic and Pacific ocean. The red symbolizes the blood of the fallen during Colombia's independance from Spain.

Mar 21, 08 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

archinect paul

when are we gonna hang out?

Mar 21, 08 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hubbard and Cravens roasts in their Indy warehouse on 52nd Street. Every time I have a meeting there I smell strongly of roasted coffee all day, it's enjoyable torture.

Mar 21, 08 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

lb

i have been told that i smell flame broiled

Mar 21, 08 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

I think it'd be cool to open up a coffee shop in every arch school with this tagline:

Mar 22, 08 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

our fav these days is Intelligentsia. They 've been in silverlake for about 8 months now.
Real good coffee, not burned or too strong, very well balanced.

intelligentsia

Mar 22, 08 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
AtelierTabulaRasa

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, baby!!!

Mar 22, 08 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
AtelierTabulaRasa

Mar 22, 08 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

umm, the Arches' McCafe offerings are pretty tasty. I've been enjoying free non-fat mochas with my egg Mcmuffin for a few days now. They even have the barista lingo down...wonder how much training that took.

Mar 27, 08 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

FYI - Starbucks recently purcahsed Clover Coffee Systems, makers of one of the more high-tech brewing gadgets on the market today.

They'll start using the computer controlled brewers in 30% of their stores.

High tech it may be, but it can't make their coffee taste less burned.

Check it yo'.

Mar 27, 08 4:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: