Archinect
anchor

Does the brand name of a college show you the kind of mentors you get??

Im D S

I was talking to friend and then began to wonder, you enhance your qualities as a designer based on the critique that comes your way. And that depends on how good a mentor you have. So do good mentors only go to the top 20 ranked colleges? Or would they also go to may be a university of florida or university of colorado??

May 6, 13 3:55 am
bindunarayan

Yes, most of the mentors would always prefer going into the top colleges when it comes to picking their candidates. But, it is also possible to get a good mentor even after studying in an University like Colorado or Florida provided that the candidate has all the desirable qualities. 

May 6, 13 7:05 am  · 
 · 
archinet

You definitely can get a good mentor at a public school....at least I can speak for certain Canadian Universities. Both my thesis advisors taught in the Ivy league, and are go lecture and sit in on reviews often. Sometimes you might even get a young and up and coming prof. who might go on to be a big deal after. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Think about it Abalos taught at Madrid for sometime before going to GSD. 

May 6, 13 7:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: