Archinect
anchor

Photoshop Colors

duke19_98

I'd like to print out a couple color pallets in photoshop to use as a reference when printing. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a printable color chart that has the color names or values? I'd like to use it as a reference sheet so I'll know what the colors will print like before I actually print each document.

any info or suggestions on this would be appreciated.
thanks

Sep 12, 04 10:14 pm
tman

im far from an expert, but i know that there are these pantone(?) cards that you can flip through to see the variety of colors. They each have a number assigned to the color so you can use that number to get what you want in photoshop.

Sep 12, 04 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
.dwg

tman,
those are good, but i think it's much more accurate if brian frels found a file of some sort that he can print out from his own printer, as each individual printer gives a slightly different output than others.
brian how about make your own blocks/chart with paths? it might take a while but i think it'll prove of value once you have it at hand?

Sep 12, 04 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

Thanks guys... I was looking for something that I could print out on both my personal printer and the schools 1055. I found this visibone. I downloaded the popup reference for my desktop then went into the file and opened the jpeg in photoshop. The file is basically the visbone chart with rgb values on each swatch. I'd prefer to have cmyk values, but I think this will work for now.

I'm far too lazy to make my own. So this works for now. I'd still like to set my screen so that it accurately displays the colors printed on the 1055. In the color settings in photoshop there is a list of printers you can choose for the display settings, but I couldn't find the HP 1055.

If anyone knows where I might find this file on the net or whatever it would help. Thanks

Sep 12, 04 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig

I agree with .dwg, in fact if you are picky about it you would have to self profile your photoshop colour palette for every type of paper you normally use. Consumer printers are cheap and innacurate machines, and output might be different even between same models.

Sep 13, 04 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: