Archinect
anchor

dalhousie BEDS anticipation

sommelier

BillDingg, I'm also on the wait list.
From what I understand, there will be no contact until very late July (as I can see from past years). Unfortunately they can offer no information at the Arch Office either. 
I'm not sure if there is indeed a high wait list and a regular wait list this year or not.

Jul 3, 13 6:25 am  · 
 · 
shalinimak

Holy fuck this apartment hunt is not turning out to be very fruitful! I guess it doesn't help that I'm in Toronto

Jul 3, 13 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
sssss

I just got an email from Susanna today saying that I was accepted! I was on the high waiting list, so waitlisters keep your hopes up!

Jul 4, 13 10:14 am  · 
 · 
sommelier

Congrats Sam!
Fingers crossed...

Jul 4, 13 11:00 am  · 
 · 
snll

Hi, is anyone still looking for a place? I am going to Halifax this weekend to find an apartment, was planning to find something for myself but if a couple of people are interested I can look at September leases. I'm aiming to live in the north end or near the commons, there seem to be some really nice deals on three-person apartments near there so get in touch if you're interested: [email protected]

Jul 10, 13 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Just so you know, living near the commons/north end is REALLY far from Medjuck... Halifax's bus service is pretty shoddy at best.

Jul 10, 13 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
(Tobias)

The Commons aren't super far from the school, ....but not close either. I have only ever gone to the Sexton campus so far to check out the library, but there are a few 10-15 min buses on Robie st. that go from the commons and stop right beside the school. The buses aren't great though (they don't follow minute to minute schedule, so you have to be at the spot 10 mins before to not miss it). You can bike it in 7 minutes - without much to carry.

Jul 10, 13 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
colchu

sam goods: thanks for the neighbourhood info.

BenC: how far can it be? 2.5kms? A half hour walk? A 10 minute bike ride? I am from lotusland, perhaps... but I did ride my bike daily at 10 below in Europe a few years ago... it was fine on most days. But I was heavily warned that it would be next to impossible :)

Jul 10, 13 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
hthr.moss

Hi everyone! Glad to see this thread has been picked up again :)

I'm 95% sure I'll be going to Dalhousie this September, however I've also been accepted by and registered in the ENDS program at UBC, in case of any potential scholarship offers. Anyone in a similar situation?

As August is approaching, I'm beginning to doubt I'll hear back on scholarships in time to make any changes, and I'm wondering if anyone on here has received scholarship offers yet?

On another note, it's nice to hear there will be others making the big from the west coast; I'll be coming from Victoria. :)

Jul 11, 13 1:23 am  · 
 · 
playwithoutwords
Hello fellow B1 students! I got my acceptance in May and am just as excited as everyone else :)

Can't wait to meet everyone!

A few of my friends in Halifax helped me find a place (I live in St. John's, NL). If anyone still needs a place, I can ask around and see if any of the guys know of anyone looking for a roommate.

See y'all in September :)
Jul 11, 13 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
BillDingg

Anyone on the regular wait list hear anything yet? Is the wait list retired on July 15?

Jul 15, 13 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
sam goods

Commons/North End are only 20-25 min walk away. Less on the bike, obviously.  I would't call it really far. 

Jul 17, 13 12:51 am  · 
 · 
cocococo

Near the commons may be 20, closer to Young you're easily looking at 30-40 minutes walking, 20 by bus. The North End goes on for a while.

I would suggest getting as close to the school as you can, around a deadline you'll dread the commute.

Jul 17, 13 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
snll

Is anyone with a valid driver's license going to be in town (and not crazy busy) on August 31st or September 1st? I'm going to be in Halifax trying to move stuff from one apartment to another. Maybe if someone else is making a move we could go in together on a u-haul.

Jul 29, 13 11:00 am  · 
 · 
hthr.moss

Is anyone on here looking for a roommate? I'm trying to find a place close to the Sexton Campus, and since we're all going into the same program, I figure we probably have some common interests and will be able to get along :)

I'm easy going, creative, and I love to laugh. I'm really school orientated, so I'm not looking for a party house - just somewhere affordable to live, with friendly roommates. 

Let me know if you have a spare room or you're interested in finding a place together!

[email protected]

Aug 8, 13 9:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: