Archinect
anchor

What do you think about this comment?

piero1910

I’m asking this because you have to look at what this guy wrote: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101220001848AACVDSW
It is an inhuman answer. If people do not want to see interesting and beautiful things in life, it would be better to eliminate the profession. The world would be very boring. There would be nothing to see around it. Not even travel because architecture is one of the reasons to travel. I haven't seen attractive structures. There are some good structures but a lot of them are involved with architects or artists. I think that many people should read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architectural_design_values After you read this, you will realize that architecture is not just drawing or designing anything. It is more than that. Architecture shows that difference in cultures. Architecture is one of the tools to distinct cultures. Inclusive right now, I know that a lot of people would say that the current architecture is too similar, but it is not because you do not see a building as the Burj Khalifa in USA. Thus, American buildings are too simple architecture. Another point is if architecture is what he thinks architecture would be nothing. If he thinks that architecture is so easy. Therefore, ask a civil engineer to design a new Vatican or a stadium as the one in Beijing. Of course, I understand that civil engineers have more knowledge about mathematics and even physics, but ask a civil engineer something about history. They do not know anything about history. I think that civil engineers currently do their job more for money than for love. I do not know why they’re claiming about this kind of issue if they are higher paid than architects.

May 21, 11 6:38 pm
piero1910

Do you think architects should learn more about structures? In my opinion, my answers is positive, even if architecture as a career become more difficult but architects would know know more about somethings because I think that the mathematics in architecture is too basic. They should learn more complicated mathematics. If they do it, they can shows engineers that they are not the only ones who mathematics well. I would even a lot of old architects knew mathematics well as Christopher Wren or Da Vince. I know that Da Vinci was genius and master, but Christopher Wren was a good architect too. 

May 21, 11 6:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: