Archinect
anchor

Opinions on bridges linking halls together

Mitastouch
What is everybodys opinions on having a bridge over a room that links two hall ways on the floor above together?

Apr 18, 13 10:27 am
accesskb

you failed in spatial organization... its like you're using a bridges as crutches

Apr 18, 13 11:30 am  · 
 · 

Hallways are bad design.

Apr 18, 13 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i think he isn't explaining his vision very well.  perhaps he is thinking more about a space where one can look up to see people from a worms eye view and look down from a space where things can be dropped.  this is a 2-story atrium issue more than a circulation issue right?  i think you should post a few drawings of what you're thinking of.

Apr 18, 13 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
Mitastouch
I will post some sketches when I get home, but basically on the 2nd floor there is a hallway in the shape of a rectangle, and the area on the inside of the rectangle is open to the living room below. In the middle of the rectangle there is a bridge that links the two sides together. the bridge spans about 35' and has four columns that support it.
Apr 18, 13 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
Mitastouch
I will post some sketches when I get home, but basically on the 2nd floor there is a hallway in the shape of a rectangle, and the area on the inside of the rectangle is open to the living room below. In the middle of the rectangle there is a bridge that links the two sides together. the bridge spans about 35' and has four columns that support it.
Apr 18, 13 6:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: