Archinect
anchor

Masters Degree from Pre-Professional Degree

amenapi

Hi everyone.

i currently have a Bachelors of Science in Architecture which is a 5-year degree from the country of my origin. As I've searched on NCARB and NAAB websites my degree was categorized as a Pre-Professional Degree.

Now I'm confused for my path to licensure and im thinking if i'm eligible to apply for a master's degree with my acquired degree from foreign country without NAAB certification. I'm thinking if i'll apply for an assessment of my degree by EESA-NAAB which cost $1,900 or just let it be and just go to the states that accept my degree to qualify for their licensure examinations. but here are some thoughts that buggin me:

• Does the sates that doesn't require NAAB certified programs to satisfy their educational requirement means that they accept a foreign degree? or the degree must be acquired only from U.S universities,colleges or schools (states such as CA, HI, CO, ID, IL, VT, WI, ME, MD, NH, NY, OK, TN, WA).
  • Does it need to go through assessment from NAAB before I can apply for a Masteral Degree on a NAAB certified programs?
  • Does any degree (esp. Bachelor of Science in Architecture)regardless of where the degree acquired (foreign country) which is NOT a Masters,Doctorate Bachelor - of Architecture is categorized as Pre-Professional Degree?

I'm also confused regarding about the NAAB and NCARB saying that some states DO NOT require NAAB Accredited program and doesn't accept ESSA accredited program like in NY. 

• So this means that my pre-professional degree is eligible? (as is, no assessment and certification done by NAAB)  which means more better than being a EESA certified if I want to be a NY registered Architect?

sorry for too many questions im asking, I'm just curious because i'm more convinced if i got the information firsthand from the person who already experience and knowledge about this any or foreign educated architects here that currently or done with a masteral degree here in the US?

thank you again guys, hope to see more insights about this.

Apr 16, 13 10:42 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: