Archinect
anchor

Syracuse Housing M.Arch HELP

naderdaou

Hey everyone,

Im looking for a 1 bedroom apartment that is close to the Architecture department in Syracuse University. What would you guys recommend, on the basis of walking distance, how near it is to shops, on a bus or shuttle route, cleanliness, luxury and what not? Im trying to find a place that wouldn't require me to have a car.

Thanks

Apr 16, 13 2:15 pm

Look East of Campus, around Westcott St or closer is always good. Try not to get too close to Genese because it can get a little bit sketchy at times. A house adjacent to Thornden Park also isn't the greatest idea, its great during the day, but not real safe at night time. Anything south of Avondale Pl. is good. A bunch of us live on Clarendon St. now, and five of us are going to be living on Euclid next year. A great resource is http://www.orangehousing.com/ so definitely check that out. Hope this helps!

Apr 16, 13 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
naderdaou

Thanks for the help. Do you know anything about Kasson Place? Is it on a bus or shuttle line? Do you recommend getting a car as well? I heard Euclid could be really loud due to a lot of undergrads and what not, is that really the case? 

Apr 16, 13 5:11 pm  · 
 · 

I haven't heard anything about Kasson Place, but after looking up its location, you might want to consider getting a car if you stayed there, or look somewhere closer. There's a bus line (the "connective corridor") that runs by the Center of Excellence, which is a few blocks away, but you would be left stranded after late nights in studio.  Euclid (closer to campus) can be noisy at times, but it's never been a problem for me. Any of the side streets off of Euclid are usually pretty safe bets as far as looking for a place. If you decide on something further, I would maybe consider getting a car too so you're not stuck making an hour hike in 3 feet of snow to get to class in January.

Good luck on your search!

Apr 17, 13 12:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: