Archinect
anchor

Acrobat 3D/Sketch-up/Google Earth/Revit

weAREtheSTONES

Anyone using a combination of the 4 or just 3? My firm recently aquired Sketch-up Pro and Acrobat 3D - I love Acrobat 3D to death...and I am finding room in my heart for Sketch-up as well.

Google Earth and Revit have always had their spot.

-The 3D guy at our office has showed us a few ways in which the 4 programs can be used together. This has triggered a recation for me to find out all the different ways we could intergrate these programs together.

Anyone have some good/bad experiences? I would love to know.

-I have seen Revit models exported to Acrobat 3D and sent off to clients for review.
-Revit model - turned into a sketch-up model some how.....and I guess a google earth image is brought into sketch-up pro and a 3D site is created with aerial photography on the terrain. This has blown me out of the water...

Feb 11, 08 2:38 pm
Antisthenes
http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/McNeel/RhinoToGoogleEarth.html

you might be interested in this, a tutorial how to get your KLM models into google earth.

Feb 11, 08 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

You can easily you your sketchup model , as a massing model to be later fine tuned in revit......Really easy.

Feb 12, 08 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Sketch up is easy to produce quick study models

Feb 12, 08 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Yeah - knowing Sketch up isn't the problem - its learning how to integrate everything together.

-Basically, at work they need someone to be the Sketch-up guy...and I was nominated...so I need to figure out how all of these programs work together

-On a side note...Today I figured out how to take hand sketch...scan into Illustrator...autotrace it...export to DWG...then imported it into Revit.....this way I can see the "image"(now a DWG) in 3d views - wahoooooooooo! Great for hand sketched site plans that need to be in mult. views

Feb 12, 08 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

In Revit import as Mass..

In other words..under the massing toolbar in revit create Mass, give it name.. Then go to file import and import your sketchup model.

Then finish nass (of create massing) then use the the massing tools of wall to surface or roof to surface and so on...

the rest is pretty easy follow

Feb 13, 08 2:16 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Sorry its "finish mass comand" , then use the tools

Feb 13, 08 2:17 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Thanks FIX - Lemme ask you this - how come everytime I see your handle its different? - How do you do it?

Feb 13, 08 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

on top were it says "edit profile"

Feb 13, 08 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

I dont know if you were being sarcastic or serious ...anyways...Cool Man

Feb 13, 08 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: