Archinect
anchor

Clemson

thinkgreen

There is hardly any information floating around about Clemson's regular architecture program. Does anyone have any information or opinions on it?

Apr 10, 13 7:31 pm
shinra

I plan to go to clemson too,, as a PhD student. Do you have any reason  why you plan to go to clemson in the first place? 

Apr 12, 13 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

I'm interested in people's thoughts about the architecture + health program. I'm between there and another school.....big decisions to make this weekend..

Apr 12, 13 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
thinkgreen

Same. The lack of diversity is what's really bothering me. Not just cultural but otherwise. 

Apr 12, 13 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
thinkgreen

@philtecturerophy yes. I like the architecture+health option and they seem to be much more practical than many other schools I've been to. Right now...that's a good thing. The cost is also nearly too good to pass up. 

Apr 12, 13 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
observant

Does Clemson have a military academy history, either now or in its distant past?  Worked with a Clemson grad.  He was ex-military.  Always curious about the school's legacy.

Apr 12, 13 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
thinkgreen

@observant Yes, I believe it was a military school originally. 

Apr 15, 13 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
heavymetalarchitecture

Yes Clemson was an agriculture and military land grant university originally. When you say regular program are you referring to the undergraduate or graduate program? If you're referring to the grad program I wouldn't worry about diversity being an issue. You will have the option of studying abroad in Charleston, and Genoa/Barcelona (possibly). Therefor you will spend only 1 year in Clemson. The professors are great and the school is great, and the price is aaaaaamazing. The only issue is name recognition if your goal is to end up in LA or NYC. You just won't have the contacts that you would have if you went to Penn, Columbia, Parsons, Pratt etc etc. But this should be pretty obvious.

Apr 15, 13 5:05 pm  · 
1  · 
thinkgreen

Thanks a lot @heavymetalarchitecture That really made me look into it some more. By regular I meant the non-arch+health concentration. That's the one that seems to get the most shine :)

Apr 16, 13 10:33 am  · 
 · 
Fountain

Hello thinkgreen! Wondering where did you end up going? Now that it's my turn of decision making and I got an offer from Clemson too, any tips? I'm interested in the A+H program too but didn't get how it works yet. By not referring anything to it in admission letter am I only in the regular M.Arch and not the A+H? Or do we all have to sign up for the program then compete for it there? Thanksss xxx

Mar 10, 15 12:31 am  · 
 · 
atika jain

Hello Fountain.... When did you get an offer fro Clemson? I am an international student from India and am dying waiting for a reply from them but still have nothing. Thank you !! 

Mar 10, 15 7:18 am  · 
 · 
Maccam

atika jain... I also received an offer from Clemson yesterday. Hopefully you will hear from them soon. I'm not an international studio though.

Mar 10, 15 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
atika jain

iArchie ... congrats on the offer !! which course ? and did they offer any financial aid? 

Mar 11, 15 3:08 am  · 
 · 
greene arch

@atika jain  I'm also still waiting to hear from Clemson and I am a domestic MArch I applicant. I've been patiently waiting since seeing some acceptances go out a couple of weeks ago on Grad Cafe. I hope we hear from them soon!

Mar 11, 15 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Fountain

@atika, Hello! I also received the letter a few days ago. How are things going there?

Mar 11, 15 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
atika jain

@ Fountain ... Good for students in the States for hearing the news .... I have just been waiting for their reply ... Just been logging in and out of the mail box like a idiot.... I am a MARCH II Applicant .I hope they just reply soon. I have also not heard anything from Virginia Tech yet. So are u joining Clemson?? have they been offering any aid?

@ green arch ... All the best to us for the very long patient wait ... well not that patient for me though as it is a long process even after you get acceptance for international students.

Mar 12, 15 1:26 am  · 
 · 
greene arch

@atika jain   Definitely a long, patient wait. Best of luck! I sure hope we hear back soon.

For those who have heard from Clemson already did you find out through the online portal? Every time I log in it just says 'Submitted' highlighted in green in the top right corner. Is this supposed to change when they have made a decision? I can't help but thinking I may be looking in the wrong place...

Mar 16, 15 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: