Archinect
anchor

BBC's Dreamspaces

Dreamspaces was a short lived BBC Three documentary series a few years back, and I like any self respecting individual in the design field fell in love with. It was a show about buildings and because of the brilliant production and beautifully story telling it won an audience.

Further it as presented by David Adjaye, Justine Frischmann and Charlie Luxton. It was part architecture geek out/rat pack, part travel show, it always showed the emotional connections we have to our surroundings.

The BBC never bothered to offer the series as part of their dvd series, so does anyone know where to find the shows online?

Feb 6, 08 1:00 pm

I found one episode here

Feb 6, 08 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

haven't seen this before. what a great series. a bit better than changing rooms...

Feb 6, 08 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
nomadzilla

I really liked Dreamspaces too, i have a couple of the episodes, but they are way too big for me to upload (each about 1GB)....

Feb 7, 08 7:23 am  · 
 · 

nomadzilla - might I suggest one of those sites that allow upload of really large files

Feb 7, 08 10:06 am  · 
 · 
nomadzilla

yeah, i know. but the thing is that after the recent submarine cable malfunction in the Mediterranean, the internet speed in Iran hasn't recovered yet, the way i see it, each 25 min. episode would take me about a day to upload, so it's not the matter of "where" to upload, but rather "how" to do it...
I'm sure you can find a few episodes on "Ares", but you've got to install the software first...
good luck

Feb 7, 08 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Thanks for that, a...philia. . . You can look at all the photos you want, but it takes film to describe architecture, at the very least. Oh, and pretty young architects in informal attire to expain it. . .

Feb 10, 08 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

MOAR!!!!!! I demand MOAR!!!!

Feb 10, 08 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

down load
down load
down load
down load
down load
down load
down load

Feb 10, 08 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
6nuew

bump.

Feb 19, 08 2:37 am  · 
 · 

Thanks for the bump 6, I'm still actively looking for episodes via ares anyone had any luck on limewire?

Feb 19, 08 11:01 am  · 
 · 
6nuew

i've searched everywhere, and i can't find em. nomadzilla is our only hope.

Feb 19, 08 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

I enjoyed it. The sample inspired some comment about the inadequacy of still photography to convey architecture, on another discussion board. Hope to see more of the like. [Is the future of architectural photography -- and threads like the delicious ones here, illustrated by holz.box and others -- going to be video-in-place ?] [I'm sure having fun coining terms today.]

Feb 19, 08 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

bump..bump...11 episodes

http://idents.tv/blog/2007/10/01/dreamspaces-the-top-gear-of-architecture/

Sep 10, 08 11:12 pm  · 
 · 

thanks - will check these out tomorrow

Sep 11, 08 12:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: