Archinect
anchor

importing from 3ds man to archicad

mav.archi

is it possible to import an object from 3ds max or autocad into archicad and render it properly ( change textures, walls e.t.c.) ?
thx

Jan 30, 08 7:40 pm
sic transit gloria
Jan 30, 08 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
sic transit gloria

sorry, was just testing an image for another thread...just ignore

Jan 30, 08 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
Einstein

We use Archicad at work. God do I hate it. As far as I understand, it is fairly proprietary. I've heard that it can import IFC. I think that the parametric softwares (Revit,etc) are different beasts (information) & haven't matured or don't play well w/ Nurbs, meshes, subdivisions (surfaces) Rhino is developing a parametric (visualarq) If you aren't from Eastern Europe & are just starting out use Rhino or Revit. You will be more employable

Feb 1, 08 2:31 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

you may try saving them as an openGL object but i'm not sold how it would interface.

Feb 1, 08 8:59 am  · 
 · 
Orphan

you can merge files from 3DS to archicad with no problems but they will import as a is with limited changes because it will inherit the materials that were originally assigned to them so if you need to change something, do it beforehand and them import it to archicad.

Feb 4, 08 5:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: