Archinect
anchor

Regarding working on dependent visa

Prajaktai711

Dear Archinect, I m Prajakta Indulkar,I completed my diploma interior designing,and have been working since 3years since then.i would be getting married by coming December. As I would be on dependent visa..do small firm/big firms give an opportunity to work. I m also thinking to do my associate degree..are there fair chances to get jobs on your profile work?? ..please help

Apr 4, 13 9:37 am
nisha_1123

Hi ,

Firstly which visa will you be on? Is it h4 visa?

If it is h4 visa the law does not permit you to wok in Amercia. For getting a job a firm will need to sponsor you. Rgarding sponsorship with  your present quafication the chances are very slim. Most of the firm sizes are small and they usually  don't  want to get into the hasseles of  sponorship infact most of them don't know anything about sponsorship. Many ads clearly state that they are looking for candididates with work permit.

If  you are on L2 visa  getting a job will entrely depend on your skill set. If you are good with 3d softwares and have experience in sustainability it will be easier for you to find a job.

The best way however is to study further do a masters and then look for a job.Getting placement through a campus is much easier then looking for a job all by yourself. Also  you will be better prepared for the job market.

The scenario is not very promising specially for people on h4 visa.

Apr 4, 13 5:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: