Archinect
anchor

Rhino Make2d interior perspective

ericwest

When I use make2d it works great fro exterior perspectives. When I try to use it for an interior architectural perspective it works poorly. I get a lot of linework that is outside the desired view. It is alos not accurate.

How best to make2d of interior view?

Jan 24, 08 1:19 pm
marketfair

You should "split" the entire model with a "cutplane" parallel to the view plane about and inch or so in front of the camera. Hide or delete everything behind the camera & then make 2d. I usually have the "showcamera" command active when I do this to aid in where I shoud locate the cutplane.

Think of the whole situation more like a sectional perspective, where the view plane and the section cut are in the same place.

Jan 24, 08 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
ericwest

Thanks.
It would seem to me that there should be a more straightforward method. You suggest a 'workaround' which certainly would work, but given the complexity of the tool, I would hope for better.

Jan 24, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

You could use this script from Bryan Boyer. It runs the make2d command creates a viewport boundary curve around your viewport. You can then use the box to trim those crazy lines that blast out of your export. Might be faster...?

Jan 27, 08 10:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: