Archinect
anchor

Rendering Large Scale In Flamingo

FOUAD

Anyone have any advice on rendering massive images in Flamingo

I'm looking to generate an image that's 7200px x 10400px....

I know...huge

it crashes when i spec this size....is there a way to render this size? in pieces perhaps?

any advice would be appreciated.

Jan 24, 08 10:00 am
rehiggins

um, silly question, but why so big?

Do you need a 24x36 image at 300dpi??? It's a bit ridiculous to waste the time rendering something that big (unless there's a good reason of course)--if you do eventually accomplish the render, are you going to be able to print it out (without having to downsample)? The file size is going to be on the large side…

My bet is that the hardware you're running on is not even remotely up to the task of an image that big, nevermind the fact that you're probably hitting a built in limit with Flamingo.

Couple choices:

a) reduce the size
b) new hardware (RAM, RAM and more RAM and a faster hard drive and multi-core processors)
c) use something other than flamingo

hopefully you've done test renders at a smaller scale and have all the materials/lighting/camera/model kinks worked out, it would really suck to do a 'hero' render like that and have bad tiling or inverted normals or ?

Jan 24, 08 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

c) is the correct answer. Flamingo is WAAAY slow compared to Vray and gives a poorer result to boot.

I've never needed anything in excess of 5000xX, even for construction fence signage. Try and talk whomever is asking you for this size down, resolution is dependent on viewing distance after all.

Jan 24, 08 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

unless it is flamingo2/accurender4 ya Vray Brazil or Maxwell

Jan 24, 08 3:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: