Archinect
anchor

Architectural acoustics

paulazarina

Hello!

I am 20 years old Architecture student from Riga Technical University (Latvia). When I shall be done with my Bachelor I am interested to continue my Master in architectural acoustics. However, it seems to be a quiet specific program, not popular I guess. I have found something in Australia, U.S., England, but I can't really get an overall impression of this area, is there anyone with an experience or an least insights in this? Perhaps the best way is to study acoustics sepertely from architecture?

Mar 31, 13 10:02 am
LethalMonk6

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY has a graduate program in Architectural Acoustics

Apr 1, 13 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
beajae

The University of Kansas in Lawrence,  KS doesn't have a particular program in architecture acoustics, but one of their faculty members (Robert C. Coffeen) is well known for his specialty in architectural acoustics. the following is a link to an article about him:

http://archive.news.ku.edu/2011/november/22/coffeen.shtml.

Apr 2, 13 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
A.Gann
University of Florida has a great program, too!
Apr 3, 13 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: