Archinect
anchor

illustrator to open dwg file (again)

aspect

i'm using illustrator to open .dwg file, however, some .dwg file i can open but some cannot...

any reason why?? version problem?? any setting i should adjust at autocad inorder to be able to open at illustrator?

thanks.

Jan 23, 08 10:03 pm
aspect

i tried to export to bitmap but the quality is not as good as illustrator openning a .dwg file...

anyway, my goal is to have the .dwg drawing transfer to a nice line drawing in tiff.

thanks.

Jan 23, 08 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
joshuacarrell

I have illustrator cs3 and it only accepts dwg pre acad2006. I usually save back to 2000 just to be safe.
j

Jan 23, 08 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

try printing to pdf.

Jan 23, 08 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

great thanks! try printing to pdf, it works!

Jan 23, 08 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
induct

CS3 and dwgs don't work together very well, Adobe took out most of the compatibility that was in CS2 because they said it was erratic.

But that said they are developing a plugin now that should import layers and everything.

Jan 31, 08 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

why not use rhino and do a -viewportcapturetofile (tiff) at very high res.

Feb 25, 09 11:16 am  · 
 · 
cowgill

using CS2, I save the .dwg as a 2004 and it works fine.

Feb 25, 09 11:40 am  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

if you have rhino open the .dwg there and then export it directly as an .ai - forget this opening stuff

Feb 25, 09 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

if you want line weights/types turn on PrintDisplay and print to Tiff/png/bmp

Feb 25, 09 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Piacquadio

you can print the dwg in PDF with autocad and open this with illustrator !!!  there are a problem: when you print in PDF the layer deletes ! i advise you to apply the different colour to different layer. with illustrator you can select lines of the same colore together, you can make the group of line and move this in other layer....!!!! i hope you have been helpful ;)

Dec 11, 13 6:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: