Archinect
anchor

PREREQUISITES : What satisfies?

mrenz

I'm a chipping away at my prerequisites before applying to grad school. I still need to take CALC and Physics. I know most schools have different policies on what course level you need to take. (I've done all my research.) I'm currently about to take Calculus, and at the institution I'll be taking my courses I have two options: CALC with integrated pre-calc OR CALC 1. The former is easier and given that I haven't taken a math class since I was about 17 I want to take this one. Would this class satisfy the requirements? Are admissions committees sticklers when it comes to prerequisites. I mean, it is still CALC, right?  

Does anyone have any input, experience or advice when it comes to prerequisite requirements?

I'm looking to apply for 2014: 

GSD, Berkeley, RISD and UT Austin

THANKS!

Mar 26, 13 3:52 pm
Tanuja

I would contact each school and ask them because you don't want to take a class and then have it not satisfy the pre-req. That kinda happened to me with Physics. I am taking a Physics class but it's not the exact one they want and what not. So you should deff contact each school and ask them which calc class will work. They usually ask for the course description and syllabus so they can determine if it meets their requirement. And if they want calc1 but you think it might be a little difficult, you can take the calc with pre-calc and then go onto calc1 (I know it would suck taking 2 classes but it's an option) Also, make sure you have the right history of architecture class. Good luck!! =]

Mar 26, 13 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
snail

Will they let you take classes pass/fail? I did that with both Calc I and Physics and the arch. schools were okay with it. Also consider getting a tutor - as someone who is weaker at math that really helped me.

Mar 26, 13 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
mrenz

This is great advice! Thank you both, Tanuja and Snail. Very helpful info! 

Mar 28, 13 11:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: