Archinect
anchor

M.Arch 1: Sci-Arc or Syracuse?

naderdaou

Hi, 

I'm currently a Landscape Architecture and Eco-Managment undergraduate, and I am looking to complete a graduate degree in architecture, I got accepted to both, Syracuse and Sci-Arc. 

What are your opinions about the two?

Sci-Arc is highly ranked in both, undergraduate and graduate programs.

http://www.archdaily.com/297294/forget-the-rankings-the-best-us-architecture-schools-for-2013-are/

Mar 26, 13 4:33 am
shinra

Definitely go to Sci-Arc . Its a great school in a great city of LA. The building is also wonderful with a very exquisite industrial look. Although I am not a student there. But I visit the school once. And I have to say I like it very much, also with the works of the students there.

Mar 27, 13 10:40 am  · 
 · 
naderdaou

Im already a landscape architect, graduating at the end of this semester.. And I understand the importance of creativity in design, however practicality, problem solving, and construction solutions are extremely important as well if not more important. And that is what I am scared of from Sci-Arc.

I really do not understand how the program works exactly, and I have heard extremely mixed reviews of the school. I do not want to graduate as a idealistic and unrealistic dreamer of an architect, that sits behind his laptop and is able to only render buildings just because that's how ive been taught. I heard one reviewer call it "Sci-Art". However besides these negative reviews, its been rated 6th behind Yale, Columbia, Harvard...etc. How is this so?

Also what is the employability rate for Sci-Arc grads? And are they appreciated?

Mar 27, 13 5:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: