Archinect
anchor

studio trip

atmos

our studio is taking a trip/site visit to peru-cuzco,machu picchu-this spring break. im not familiar with the area at all. any suggestions or help with places to visit, things to see ...

Jan 17, 08 3:46 am
BabbleBeautiful

You'll love it. How are you travelling to Machu Picchu (MP)? I'm guessing via train.

Jan 17, 08 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
atmos

train i think. the details of the trip have not been hashed out yet. supposedly we're staying overnight at machu picchu?

Jan 17, 08 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

overnight at the MP site? That's nice because a night is about $300.
But I'm guessing you will be staying at Aguas Calientes, which is just below the site and where the train stops. From there you will take the bus up to the MP site in the early morning. Aguas Calientes is a cool, small little town now built for tourists, but it only consists of restaurants and bars.

Cuzco is another nice city which is most likely where you will be taking the train ride from. Depending on the # of days you will be staying there are many things you can do from there: horseback riding, river rafting, shopping, eating, drinking.

Jan 18, 08 1:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: