Archinect
anchor

Clemson or VT ???

shinra

I have a hard time to choose between these 2 schools for PhD Design Computation (Architecture major). I have looked several websites which refer that Clemson ranks higher than VT. But on the other hand, Some website even do not include Clemson as top 400 world rank Uni.

To be honest, recently, unlike previously, I really care about the university rank. 

(Overall university rank, and Architecture major rank for national and world)

Any advise would me much appreciated to help me for my final decision.

Mar 25, 13 8:40 am
med.

I can only speak for VT.  It is an incredible school with an equally incredible architecture program that is well funded, well-connected, and very well managed.  It is a very popular program worldwide.

About overall rankings, US News and World has Clemson at #68 and Virginia Tech at #72.  That is not much of a difference at all just you know.  You are comparing apples to apples.

Mar 26, 13 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
shinra

Thanks med for the answer. 

Are you a VT student?

I have not heard any notification from VT. But Clemson already gave me admission even around begginning of february. I guess VT has a very strict selection thesedays. Or perhaps my research interest is more inclined to Clemson than VT.

Mar 27, 13 2:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: