Archinect
anchor

Topography from CAD to Rhino?

difficultfix

I have a CAD file which was a GIS topography file which I converted to CAD, I open in Rhino, But can not seem to create a topographic surface. I tried "Loft" which i assumed would be the best way, but did seem to best option. Does anyone know a command or a procedure that would aid in this - maybe some type of mesh command....

Thanx in Advance.

Jan 16, 08 12:12 am
ff33º

There is not an easy way to make a >meshfrompoints that creates a predictable result with a point cloud

I would try and >edgesrf it in CAD first....but i am not sure what the file specifics are..

Jan 16, 08 12:23 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

also...REVIT has a fuction that will take imported "survey points" file and make a topo form it....

Jan 16, 08 12:25 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

I was thinking of using sandbox on sketchup then import it to cad....

Jan 16, 08 1:01 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

I mean to rhino

Jan 16, 08 1:02 am  · 
 · 

"patch" should do it.

Jan 16, 08 7:38 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

I have heard sandbox works, but watch fo how you import it.. might get unexpected traingulation etc.

the >commandhelp in RHINO is pretty elaborate about how to import files from .skp etc.

Jan 16, 08 8:44 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

Use the Rhinoceros terrain Plugin it was made for this purpose

www.rhinoterrain.com

Jan 16, 08 10:34 am  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Thanx Everyone, I will try Patch...and I will also try rhinoterrain..

thanks for the link Antithenes...

about sketch up...it imports pretty smoothly with the plugins provided from the rhino labs....

Jan 16, 08 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Antithenes,
I loaded the Rhinoterrain plugin, but can find any command or tools to operate this command. Could not finay any instructions on how to use it.. Do you know how to use it

Jan 16, 08 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

Nice...I found it.....

Works great...

Thanx anti

Jan 16, 08 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

your welcome :D

Jan 16, 08 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
Mission St.

Wow, where has this plugin been all my life?! It looks awesome, downloading now.

Anyone able to find a price or documentation for the rhinoterrain plugin? I tried all their distributor links... (for the pricing)

Jan 16, 08 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
vuattoux

I am the manager of RhinoTerrain sarl , whe are a french company
RhinoTerrain 1.0 will be relaesed beginning of february 2008.
Actually the programm is in the beta phase , all comments and wishes are welcome : [email protected]
Release one will include an ArcView reader for peaople wha are looking for teerain files .
On the bata version there no menu , just command lines , read the rhinoterrain.doc ( in the installation directory ) There also some sample files delivery with it

Jan 17, 08 4:18 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the Rhino open beta philosophy rox, vuattoux good job bro!

Jan 17, 08 11:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: