Archinect
anchor

Columbia Summer Housing Questions

El Tejon

Hey all, I'm all set to attend Columnia's Intro. to Arch. program, and signed up for housing, but I have a couple questions regarding the residence. 1) For those who attended the program in the past: which residence hall do students usually stay in? 2) Will I be able to get a meal plan/are cafeterias open in the summer? One of my main concerns about living in New York in the summer is the cost of buying all my meals.

Mar 21, 13 11:00 am
strangefires

The Intro students are spread between a couple of different buildings a couple blocks away from campus.  From my experience they have shared kitchens but most students end up buying food for their meals due to the lack of time to cook.

Mar 21, 13 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
Kaiho

I'm also attended into Intro to Arch, and I decided to live in the International House near the Avery Hall. I don't know whether it's a good idea cuz I saw a lot of participants apply for the session Q. But this year, it doesn't fit the program timing.

you can discuss me via E-mail, [email protected]

Mar 22, 13 2:53 am  · 
 · 
sensation

I also applied for the I-House, but I need to submit my essay. Do you know when we will find out if we got in or not? I just need on campus housing asap.

Mar 22, 13 3:54 am  · 
 · 
El Tejon

Thanks for the responses! As for the timing with residence thing, I emailed the housing department, and they told me they are allowing Intro to Arch students check into residence on June 30th (earlier than Session Q starts, and a day before the program begins), and we can leave when the program ends. And I'm not sure when we find out which residence we get.

Mar 25, 13 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
indianadev

Hey all! I'm also attending intro but housing is full and they put me on a waitlist. It's also hard to find a room on craiglist or the OCHA website available for those dates. Is anyone looking for a roommate or a place to share?

May 15, 13 11:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: