Archinect
anchor

can you name the architect?

Michl

I've been trying to remember the name of an architect whose work I like.  I've tried googling for a while but have not succeeded.  Some of the work I remember included a large brick built store/shop that shoppers entered via the corner of the building.  I think the brick walls actually moved on tracks and revealed the glass door entrance behind with the overhang of the corner forming an awning, this gave the impression that the building was damaged - its corner was missing.  Also a similar project where the wall of a building had seemingly broken and the bricks piled up onto the  awning over the entrance to the shop.  These were both in the USA.  He also made some streets that were wavy like a rollercoasters (for a temporary exhibition, in Canada as I recall).  Anyone got any idea?     

Mar 13, 13 11:12 am

SITE?

Mar 13, 13 11:15 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

donna ninjaed me

Mar 13, 13 11:17 am  · 
 · 

Just luck, curtkram, not skill.  You're the ninja.

Mar 13, 13 11:19 am  · 
 · 
rrnkenshin

yeah, that's SITE!

And they're a group, not a single architect. If you're interested, there's an interesting book, Green Architecture (Taschen), written by James Wines-a member of SITE.

Mar 13, 13 11:20 am  · 
 · 
Michl

nice work guys, thanks!

Mar 13, 13 11:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: