Archinect
anchor

I see stars ... I don't see stars. Who has never worked in a "star's" office or firm?

observant

It seems there is a lot of concern with stars here ... and the hardest schools to get into to presumably access a star's office and have a star-like career.  We learn of all the top architects, regardless of the school we attend.

How many people have never worked for a "star?"  How many people don't care that they haven't?  Is it those of us who went to schools ranked lower than the Top 10 that haven't been in star-studded company?

Truthfully, it didn't interest me because the routine stuff doesn't bother me.  I've done mostly office parks (steel framed) , industrial parks (concrete tilt-up), wood-framed offices with pitched roofs, medical office buildings, homes, multi-family, senior housing, strip malls, school remodels (yuck), tenant improvements, auto dealers, even some gas stations!  The gas stations were BETTER than the school remodels.

The only things I miss not having done thus far are hospitality and ecclesiastical.

Any others who have seen quite a bit ... and NOT under the purview of a star?

Mar 12, 13 3:36 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: