Archinect
anchor

NYC Meet-Up Friday, 12/14

Living in Gin

In honor of Oscar Niemeyer's 100th birthday.

8:00 PM, Friday, December 14
Good World
3 Orchard Street in Chinatown (between Division and Canal)
F train to East Broadway station

(I created a new topic because not all NYC Archinectors may be following Oscar's thread)

I'll try to make it, but my firm's holiday party is at 6:00 that evening and I don't know how long it will last. If the party moves elsewhere before I make it downtown, can somebody be kind enough to email me or send me a text message? Contact me privately if you need my cell number.

Also, for those who don't already know each other, it would be good to have some way for people to recognize other members of the group. This is always a problem with meet-ups that originate online.

Dec 13, 07 4:03 pm
AP

wish i could attend, but i'm suddenly flying to madison, wisconsin via chicago on friday afternoon...

have a great time. i'll have a drink in oscar's honor.

Dec 13, 07 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
poncedeleonel

should we bring cigars and charcoal sticks too?

Dec 14, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

is anybody actually gonna make it? I'm not sure I want to run down if nobody's gonna be there.

Dec 14, 07 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'll try to make it, but no promises. I've barely been able to keep myself awake all day, and after a few drinks at my firm's party this evening, there's a good chance I'll be in the mood to just go home and sleep.

I'll try to swing by Good World if it's not too late and I'm feeling up for it, though.

Dec 14, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i'll be there, and judging from the other thread and previous meetups, we should see at least ripomatic +2, snooker +1, maybe futureboy, maybe LiG, probably larslarson...most importantly (no offense to anyone) there will be delicious swedish meatballs.

Dec 14, 07 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I'll try and pull a friend along too then.

Dec 14, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

I really wanted to make it to this one since I've missed out on all the others, but I have my company xmas party in 30 min, in brooklyn, so i'm not sure if it's worth it for me... next time?

Dec 14, 07 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

no friend for me, I'll be there around 9 or so. You guys will be able to recognize me, as I am 6'3" with long blonde hair.

Dec 14, 07 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

as I just found out about this at 9pm on Saturday, I guess I missed it :).. it's do a NYC event again though.

Dec 14, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

sorry.. 9pm friday I mean

Dec 14, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Just got home from my firm's holiday party... I've had a headache all day and my stomach is feeling a bit unsettled, so I've decided to call it a night. Raise a glass to Oscar for me.

Apurimac: Do you look like one of the guys from White Lion and have/used to have a desktop wallpaper designed to look like one of the control panels on the Enterprise? If so, I think I used to be one of your co-workers in 2004.

Dec 14, 07 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

LOL! No about the desktop thing but I do have hair approaching 80's glam metal band level. That probably isn't a good thing.

Regardless, I demand to see you at the next meet up LiG.

Dec 15, 07 1:30 am  · 
 · 
ripomatic

Great time last night. My favorite

Dec 15, 07 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

(clicked submit prematurely)

my favorite part of course, was the waitress at Good World. Both a beauty and a saint.

Dec 15, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i had a great time as well. ripomatic and athenaeum, good to see you both again. apurimac, pleasure to meet you...

i'm not sure who takes the cake, our waitress or that one bartender...

Dec 15, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

post pics peeps!

Dec 18, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: