Archinect
anchor

Christmas at work.

BOTS

So then, it is the time for much banter and Christmas re-joice during this festive time around the offices (in a Western, Christian / Pagan traditional style).

I doubt many of us will receive gold, frankincense and myrrh, so what will you be doing with your colleagues as a way of celebration?

As for told:

Wine to take home

Secret Santa to the value of...

and a meal in town

not forgetting 5 days off.

Dec 12, 07 12:11 pm
n_

I have a pal who works for a motion graphics firm in NYC. All the graphic/motion designers received brank spankin' new 17" MacBook Pros from their boss as gifts at the company party this past weekend.

Last year I got a memory stick with my company logo on it.

Dec 12, 07 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

We had an evening filled with wine-tasting, riding in limos, eating dinner, and then riding in limos again to look at christmas lights. The presidents wife is in failing health and can't walk much, and niether can I since I'm carrying this kid around, so it was nice. We also recieved a Christmas ornament and a 250$ gift card to Macy's, which I used on All-Clad pans, and other kitchen items.

Dec 12, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

my boss is jewish...he doesnt give bonuses

Dec 12, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

Working a temporary job while I search for a permanent position means I won't be getting any holiday bonuses or perks this year. I won't even get paid for not working that week between Christmas and New Year's.

If I were in an office, I'd ask that we have a Festivus Pole to balance against the distracting tinsel of the tree. Just make a donation to the Human Fund in my name instead of giving me a gift.

Dec 12, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the world is getting Brighter every day

Dec 12, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
rozz

Holiday party at an Argentine restaurant-Upper West Side(NYC) this Friday. I'm crossing my fingers for a bonus. But I must say, that the contractors are "doin' it up" with their holiday parties and holidays gifts this year. We've been invited to some nice parties thus far.

Dec 12, 07 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Last year I got to run the office while my bosses were vacationing in Morraco (sp?)

Dec 12, 07 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Man, our contractors blow. We haven't gotten anything. Interiors has gotten some boxes of chocolates, but the architects have been left out in the cold.

Dec 12, 07 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

My last firm in Chicago always planned Christmas / holiday parties, but they never happened because the wife of the firm's owner kept changing her mind about the date and venue. By the time a decision was made, it would be mid-January. The phrase "holiday bonus" was nothing more than a punch line around the office water cooler.

This will be my first holiday season with my new firm here in NYC. We've rented out a nearby restaurant for this Friday evening, and there will be a Secret Santa gift exchange ($20 limit). I'm not sure what the deal is with bonuses, but I guess I'll find out sooner or later. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in the meantime.

Dec 12, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

gin maybe you'll get a starbuck's giftcard.

Dec 12, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

...of course - how could I forget the traditional bribery of the external Christmas gift from those subbies and other construction professionals.

I'm holding out with my brick merchant for the business I've got him this year. Usually pulls through with some tickets for the Blues over Christmas. Nice!

Dec 12, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Everyone and I mean everyone is losing money on this job...

so all we're giving each other is the finger.

Dec 12, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: