Archinect
anchor

Internship as a designer in Denmark

emma.m

Hello everybody. I know this forum is mostly focused on architecture but maybe you can give me some ideas about my situation.

I am a designer with an MA in Product Design and 3 years of experience in the field. I have been offered an internship in a great design studio in Copenhagen, Denmark. 40 hours/week of work, for two months, and various tasks.

The studio has asked me to make a proposal about a fee, defined as 'reimbursement of cost'. I saw that internships are usually very poor payed in Denmark (around 3000 - 5000 kr/month), but considering the following:

- as mentioned, I have already completed my education with a MA
- I have 4 years of experience in the field, so I don't exactly need a baby-sitter at work
- my transportation costs will be around 2000 kr/month

I was considering about asking something around 10,000-15,000 kr/month (before taxes)

any ideas about this?

Thanks a lot!

Feb 26, 13 10:29 am

I think the going rate for design interns anywhere here in Copenhagen is 5000kr/month. I haven't heard of anyone making any more than that (as an intern at least). 

Why do you figure your transportation costs will be that high? I live in Bispebjerg and my transportation pass is 900kr every 2.5 months. 

Mar 18, 13 4:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: