Archinect
anchor

Flamingo 3D Sun Studies, PLEASE help....

brown666

Hi

I am trying to do some basic sun and shadow studies on a 3d model with flamingo... Photometric mode is giving me very strange shadows wich go from black to very light even though they should appear same same... Any suggestions on what could be wrong here...
in deadline so pleeeeasse..

Nov 28, 07 9:30 pm
FOG Lite

Go get Vray for Rhino right now. You will be much, much happier. Still a learning curve, but so much better and faster.

http://asgvis.com/

Nov 28, 07 11:08 pm  · 
 · 

i'm also trying to use flamingo for some basic shadow diagrams. anyone have any tips?

Jan 18, 08 8:31 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

I've done many of these with flamingo but like Fog says Vray will give you faster better results unless you are using Flamingo beta 2 witch i find better than 1.1.

maxwell and brazil will work too as they all use the same module

Jan 18, 08 10:18 am  · 
 · 
BrentJWatanabe

while Vray is far superior it all depends on what you're going for.

If it's just simple shadows and sun studies why not just use RhinoRender?

Jan 20, 08 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

because flamingo controls the sun. you could use flamingo raytrace i think you mean rather than flamingo photometric (1.1 sucks 2.0 rocks)

one other reason i would see to use Flamingo is the procedural trees, and v2 does RPCs

Jan 21, 08 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: