Archinect
anchor

Gays + Marriage / Insurance = Healthcare Reform?

VIPenis

So, I was thinking about some things lately after the 13% increase in my insurance premiums at work, and how it might relate to the Gay Marriage Advocacy, it's connection to Healthcare reform, and it's relevance to Architecture because, as we all know, there are alot of gays in our profession (not that there is anything wrong with that). Single men cost more to insure than married men...gay men are not married...gay men that are married are afforded lower insurance premiums because married people are less promiscuous and therefore less likely to have diseases or worse yet, get HIV, and subsequently they are more insurable becuase of the lowered risk. Group rates are offered to firms and depending on the familial status of the employees, the premiums are determined. More Single men=Higher overall premiums for the group.
So, in a nutshell, if gays are allowed to marry, then will our insurance premiums go down, thus reforming healthcare in a way that benefits everyone?

Nov 15, 07 4:14 pm
WonderK

VIPenis>

Love the screen name, love the logic. You get a gold star!

Nov 15, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
alfrejas24

Gays + marriage/ divorce rate = more lawyers

Nov 15, 07 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
e

gays + marriage = pissed off conservatives = happy e

Nov 15, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 

see, that is the canadian plan.

cheap healthcare, legalised gay marriage, and fewer unlocked weapons at home...makes life happier for everyone. it is a long term plan.

Nov 15, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

werd.

what confuses me is that the conservative movement is supposedly pro-life.

yet they support the death penalty, support war, oppose saving the planet, oppose protecting endangered species, etc etc.

Nov 15, 07 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
ArchiNectar

You can't replace dead soldiers with aborted babies.
And you can't make room for soldiers and babies without killing a few Murderers.

Nov 15, 07 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

yes, more archinect math. let me try.

(archinectors +/- george w. bush)/(gay marriage+insurance rates)=douchebags

Nov 15, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
binary

2dykes/dildo=straight

i'm lesbian and i cant figure out the loop holes

cryzko=guy

(cryzko+2lezbian)/.5=(happycryzko)

Nov 15, 07 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
ArchiNectar

2 Dykes + Crisco = Cryzko

Nov 15, 07 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
binary

put that on a shirt

b

Nov 15, 07 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
Kevorkian
married people are less promiscuous and therefore less likely to have diseases or worse yet, get HIV, and subsequently they are more insurable becuase of the lowered risk.

this point is particularly hilarious.

Nov 15, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

But wait - don't insurance programs love that they can exclude non-married partners (gays and otherwise) from their coverage?

I like e's math above. liberty bell = totally pro-gay marriage

Nov 15, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

Well I think in the end the Insurance companies apply our rates as a percentage based on total costs / devided by your demographics impact upon that cost.

If gay marriage is legally recognized they aren't going to suddenly be less promiscuous: If they are monogamous in marriage they probably were monogamous before the state legally recognized this marriage, meaning they weren't a drain on the system therefore the actual costs imposed upon the insurance companies probably isn't going to change at all simply because thier marriage is now legal. This means the total cost thought to be imposed by married couples was disproportionately small before because there was a large portion of the poulation who were misplaced in the "single" catagory because they were gay.

Meaning premiums for married people would actually go up, and premiums for single people would go down.

Nov 15, 07 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i think you all + archinect/douchebags = gay marriage

Nov 15, 07 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

What?

Nov 15, 07 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

no offense to anyone, i love you all

Nov 15, 07 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

Even me?

Nov 15, 07 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

yes, even you

Nov 15, 07 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

$5 says that a gay man is much more likely to get regular STD tests than a straight guy

Nov 15, 07 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I would also think that as a population, gay men spend much more time at a gym than their straight male counterparts. they probably eat healthier and live a generally healthier lifestyle

Nov 15, 07 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

gay men also dont have the stress of being married to a woman...

Nov 15, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
binary

yeah but everyone looks at 2 lesbians holding hands.....

Nov 15, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

^only if they are hot...

Nov 15, 07 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

ALL FAGS ARE GOING TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 15, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I mark homophobes and insurance companies as more or less equivalent in terms of evil. Blue Cross, we are not done yet.

Nov 15, 07 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

JESUS HATES GAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 15, 07 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
ArchiNectar

No, they are just condemned to this thread...posting every 52 minutes, maximum.

Nov 15, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

One of the many reasons why I made the switch to Libertarian.

Nov 15, 07 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
ArchiNectar

No he doesn't, he helped John Wayne Gacy become a draftsman!

Nov 15, 07 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
ArchiNectar

..or is it Submittal Stamper - still a smidge better than hell.

Nov 15, 07 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

where did you find that picture? who is john wayne gacy? that is exactly what a guy who looks like that is thinking.

Nov 16, 07 11:01 am  · 
 · 
4arch

we should just ban marriage altogether

Nov 16, 07 11:30 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

4arch that may be the most intelligent solution i have ever heard. and why not? marriage is a primeval institution based on nothing that is relavant anymore, now that we've destroyed god.

Nov 16, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
ArchiNectar

Same Place I found this one:

And this one:

Nov 16, 07 11:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: