Archinect
anchor

Architectural Discourse

BulgarBlogger

I am becoming ever more convinced that architects just don't know how to talk about architecture. Too many times do I see people expressing their likes and dislikes of something in the most superficial of ways. It's almost like going to a fancy restaurant and saying- "I love the food because its salty, sweet, or spicy." A more sophisticated pallet may pick up on the subtleties of the dish as opposed to the obvious elements. A building may look incredibly simplistic yet possess a high level of complexity. With technology changing every day and information at our fingertips, we believe that anything is possible nowadays. Seeing a simpler building seems much more difficult to critique for architects. They seem to be addicted to high-tech design which is often expensive and extravagant.  To the average architecture critic (who can be anyone): before calling a building "shitty"- I beg you - TASTE YOUR FOOD... 

Feb 7, 13 10:08 am
curtkram

you have an excellent opportunity to properly dissect an architectural design in a non-superficial way in this post:

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/67094313/can-anyone-identify-the-architectural-style-of-our-new-home

Feb 7, 13 10:22 am  · 
 · 

You just haven't had proper training.

Feb 7, 13 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: