Archinect
anchor

fun project - pop up restaurant on the frozen river

bowling_ball

I wanted to share a fun project i was involved with recently. A gallery owner and a group of chefs designed a pop up restaurant on the frozen river in Winnipeg (it was -40 when we put it up last week). It's scaffolding, tarps, birch logs, (faux) fur, and a single 20' long table, and not much else. Cold weather makes one do crazy things apparently!

http://rawgallery.ca/ (and a shout-out to my partner, the photographer!)

Feb 2, 13 8:59 pm
x-jla

that looks sick dude!  nice work!

Feb 3, 13 2:14 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

cool!

Feb 3, 13 10:30 am  · 
 · 

very cool!  love to see pictures of home on archinect.

Feb 3, 13 11:33 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Wow.  That whole thing is really inspiring: the concept, the architecture, the food, and the photography.  Congratulations on beautiful work!

Feb 3, 13 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

I would have posted as my real name when I made this entry, I just finally figured that out. Oops, there goes the anonymity!</p>

This is (sort of) part of a larger annual winter project aimed at making architecture on the frozen river. This is the only restaurant, but you can check out some of the other projects here:  http://www.warminghuts.com/

Feb 3, 13 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

This is beautiful!

Feb 4, 13 10:18 am  · 
 · 

I'm curious as to the type of scaffolding used for the structure.

I enjoy the raw, rustic appearance of this.  Any shots from the outside?

Feb 4, 13 11:01 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

This looks great, but wasn't it cold?

Feb 4, 13 1:35 pm  · 
 · 

It's tube scaffolding (aluminum). And yes, very very cold when we put it up, in fact it was the coldest week in 2 years, regularly dipping below -40. Exterior shots are coming soon, i'll post a link when they're available. Thanks for the interest!

Feb 5, 13 2:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: