Archinect
anchor

Does anybody know...

jlwatk0

...anything about a company called Archvision? I stumbled across their web site the other day and wasn't sure if they're as good as they look. Their stuff looks pretty good, but I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about them or had used their stuff before.

Thanks!
jlwatk0

Sep 3, 04 1:42 pm
jlwatk0

I'll take that as a no.

Thanks,
jlwatk0

Sep 9, 04 10:25 am  · 
 · 
RqTecT

THEY ARE WAY WAY WAY OVER PRICED.
EASY TO USE BUT YOU WILL NEEDS LOTS OF RAM 2 GIG AT LEAST.
I USE LOWPLOYGON 3D CARS PLANTS I USE FOREST WITH DOSCH TREES.

Sep 9, 04 11:13 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

hmm, archvision makes the world famous RPC, a plugin for MAX that lets u use these elements that are a combination of picture+simple 3d object, great for animations and renders with many trees and people that save lotsa policount, i´ve used the trees sometime, theyre ok, most of the time too dark, but the people suck, ive never seen a render with decent images of people; the industry is weak in that point, although they sell cd with black, white, sitting, casual, office all kinds of people in all activities, you should give it a try

Sep 9, 04 11:14 am  · 
 · 
jlwatk0

thanks for the input guys... I didn't think they're prices were that bad. they're the only people i've seen that have "3D" people that aren't modeled and don't look funky. plus, everybody else i've seen have some really bad modeled people--like lowpolygon3d, where the people have weird chunks coming out of their chest or what not.

i don't know though... i guess i'll keep researching them and i think i'll try some trees or a set of people. any good recommendations?

Sep 13, 04 10:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: