Archinect
anchor

TV thread 07-08

WonderK

Ok, so a couple of things:

Did anyone see Heroes last night? Did you see the teaser for next week? Did you hear the part where they said next week on the Heroes Finale...? Ok, just because the writers stopped working that doesn't mean you have to call it a FINALE and freak me out. But, I suppose it IS quicker than saying next week on the Heroes last-show-filmed-before-the-writers-strike...

Also, anyone watch the show AFTER Heroes, Journeyman? I basically only watch it because it's on after Heroes, but it's not bad, for a show about a guy who time travels anyway. So it's the last thing I see before I go to bed last night, right? Then I get up this morning and I'm walking down the street to my bus, and there's a film shoot going on....and this security guy walks me through the film shoot, and at the very end, there's the dude and the chick from Journeyman just standing there waiting for me to pass! This was certainly not my first celebrity sighting out here, but it was my most startling so far.

And then you know how you come up with good things to say after the fact? I would have at least said "good show" or something, but I was so stunned I forgot. Oh, LA. You crazy city.

Nov 27, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm usually mum on my celebrity sightings but both al gore and robert deniro were within shouting distance of my house this past week...damn tourists

back to tv, i was surprised to see pickel get bounced on most smartest model...he seemed to do well and i thought he be one of the finalist...thankfully rachel is still there

Nov 27, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

most smartest model...i can hardly believe that I'm rooting for an abrasive soviet communist. I think andre & rachel should make a couple and have their own reality show...I'd totally watch that.

the jaguar car presentation challenge cracks me up...the models act it's so hard to present a car but at least thay didn't have to deal with critics...fianlly, a challenge that any decent architect/student could nail. hell, I'd even present in my under wear if I had to. vj sucks...go andre...soviet!!!

Dec 2, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

Chuck has become a surprising favorite of mine. it started out pretty rocky but I've really enjoyed the last 4 or 5. I think it's about the only show from the new crop that I don't get bored re-watching.

oh, and the new futurama rocks!

Weeds tanked hard this season.

Dec 2, 07 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
oshit

puddles - go soviet, indeed! crazy ass VH1...

Dec 3, 07 12:48 am  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I'm ususually oblivious to political commentary, but 30 Rock's rendition of Bush's invasion of Iraq was brilliant. Already in withdrawl.

Dec 3, 07 11:04 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
SOVIET!!!!!!!

Dec 4, 07 10:07 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

total bummer that soviet andre lost...but i guess i shouldn't be surprised given that the show is called america's most smartest model...oh, and first prize was a modelling gig for a hair product company and, of course, andre is bald. this show was made for that pretty boy from america. excuse, california...northern california

SOVIET!!!!!!!

Dec 17, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

1. Chuck
2. Prison Break (though it's getting far fetched)
3. The Office
4. Heroes
5. CSI

Dec 17, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 

so anyone excited about the shows coming back?

Some things I have been watching:

-Eli Stone (ABC), I like this show a lot. It is about a lawyer that becomes a prophet and all around do-gooder after he gets a brain aneurysm.

-Jericho (CBS), the show came back and the conspiracy continues on. The question: who nuked half the country and whats up with the corrupt new government, the new show is not as cool as the inter-Kansas war last season.

Feb 26, 08 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
m

The Wire. R.I.P. Omar.

Feb 26, 08 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

^ Old news, you need OnDemand. One episode left-

Feb 26, 08 3:58 pm  · 
 · 

The only two shows i have been watching consistently is

The new season of No Reservations on Travel. Love Bourdain..

this season Jamaica and New orleans were highlights...

Also, although it is a bit clunky, i do like the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Feb 26, 08 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

nama, you know i like the new terminator too.

Terminator and Jericho, hmmm

Feb 26, 08 4:35 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah.

Conspiracy and dooom anybody....?

Feb 26, 08 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
n_

My unofficial brother-in-law got in a car wreck with Lost's Kate (Evangeline Lilly) this past weekend. I've never seen the show but he was super excited about it. I think it's funny that he is sooo excited to talk about his now totalled car.

Feb 27, 08 10:22 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks for the spoiler, m.

Feb 27, 08 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

The A-TEAM is back!

http://www.nbc.com/Vintage_Shows/A_Team/video/episodes.shtml#vid=222127

Mar 1, 08 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
m

how was the finale of the wire on on demand? oh wait... that sucks.

Mar 6, 08 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Is there anything funny on TV right now? I really, really need some more laughter in my life.

I've been watching Drew Carey reruns recently, and even some first-season Married with Children, and Seinfeld. But those things are funny in a nostalgic way. I want to see something NEW that lets every part of my brain but the humor center turn off.

I watched about ten minutes of "My Name is Earl" yesterday and it was just bad. Are there any good sitcoms? I have sub-basic cable, so no HBO or anything. I need network or FX.

I'm so desperate for humor I'll even watch funny stuff on YouTube or itunes if anyone wants to make recommendations. But what I'm really jonesing for is a funny, smart sitcom. I need some belly laughs. Thanks, 'nectors!

Mar 25, 08 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

LB, Til' Death wasn't bad, but I havent watched it in a year or so. And The Office is good, but I dont know if its back.

Our TV schedule is like this...New Amsterdam, House, Smallville (Husband is a closet-geek), oh and Good Eats!

Mar 25, 08 10:55 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

two words, John Adams.

Mar 25, 08 10:58 am  · 
 · 

lately I've been caught on the following

Nip Tuck
the L word
Dirty Sexy Money

soon to start watching Damages

Mar 25, 08 10:58 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Quote from the John Adams movie: "Liberty will reign in America!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA that is funny, thanks Apu!!!

(Goes and gets bourbon bottle even though it's 11am.)

Mar 25, 08 11:02 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

funny how times and values change eh LB?

I was just watching a frontline special on Iraq last night, now that was funny in a really depressing way.

Mar 25, 08 11:03 am  · 
 · 
****melt

I laughed hysterically at a Daily Show rerun last night. But I'm easily amused these days.

Mar 25, 08 12:24 pm  · 
 · 

LB...

I recommend 30 Rock..Which starts showing new episodes again on April 3rd....

Much better than my name is Earl. Which i did like for th efirst few episodes, but then it got kind of gimmicky?

Mar 25, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I enjoyed the first few episodes of 30Rock, then lost interest as I got tired of seeing the exact same expression on Tina Fey's face in every single scene. Alec Baldwin is hilarious in it, though.

But! like a gift from above, I just heard on Fresh Air that Tracey Ullman has a new variety show starting this week! I loved the first Tracey Ullman show, including the original Simpsons sketches - even though it dates me, that was on when I was in arch school. The bad news: it's on Showtime, which I don't get.

So, I'll try 30 Rock again on 3 April!

Some trivia from IMDB: the first ever Simpsons dialogue on TV:

Bart: Uh, Dad?
Homer: What?
Bart: What is the mind? Is it just a system of impulses? Or is it something tangible?
Homer: Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!

Brilliant.

Mar 25, 08 2:08 pm  · 
 · 

Brilliant!
Indeed..

Mar 25, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: