Archinect
anchor

Unsolicited Interview...

...or the case of the resume I forgot I sent. 

Has anyone ever gotten an email from a firm inviting you to interview for them, but you cannot for remember sending them a resume at all? I looked through my email files and nothing. I have an email scheduled on Monday morning, and of course I'm going, it seems like a great place to work, but I am at a lost as to how they got my stuff. I'm thinking maybe they sought me out (since my stuff is here and on LinkedIn and Carbonmade), but they started their email with "Thank you for your interest"...

Not complaining, and sorry if it comes out as gloating, but just perplexed and wondering if someone has ever been in a similar situation?

May 17, 11 3:16 am
burningman

Did you send an email to an unnamed firm maybe?

Otherwise, don't get raped.

May 17, 11 8:26 am  · 
 · 
archie

Occassionally someone has passed along a resume to me- perhaps a co worker, or a contractor or another architect.   It would be possible that when I got around to setting up interviews I did not realize that the resume was one that was passed to me versus sent in, so perhaps that is what happened? 

May 17, 11 9:11 am  · 
 · 
cajunarch

Some architecture firms will share resumes with other firms, especially if they see someone who would be a "great fit" at another firm but not theirs for some reason.  Good luck

May 17, 11 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

burningman, not an unnamed firm, this is a firm I was actually meaning to cold call, but hadn't gotten around to it. They seem like a great place to work. 

archie and cajunarch, I believe this is what may have happened. I'm also a fan of them on facebook so maybe thy searched me out through there. 

Interview sent and confirmed for Monday, makes me do a quick rendering I was meaning to do for my last school project. Will let you know how it goes! 

May 17, 11 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

"Did you send an email to an unnamed firm maybe?

Otherwise, don't get raped."

Golf clap.

But yeah, you replied to a craigslist add with no names given, or you *gasp* applied to a firm that requires filling out an online application (so no e-mail trail).

If neither of above is true, then they found your mug on facebook, they think you cute, and yeah, be prepared for a rape.

Otherwise, try to keep up with places you applied to. Not that hard, unless you're carpet bombing emails to every office in the 12 hour radius.

May 17, 11 5:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: