Archinect
anchor

'Architect as Developer' AIA seminar Los Angeles

forestmuir

Hi all,

I registered for this seminar back in July, but now I have to cancel my trip. The tickets are $795 from the website below. If you're interested, I can sell you my ticket for half that price ticket.

It's on Sunday, October 28th at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in downtown LA.

Check out the website for more information:
http://www.architectasdeveloper.com/

It should be a great seminar, put on by Jonathan Segal from San Diego. His practice blends the design, contracting, and development aspects of the industry all into one office.

This is a legitimate sale. The ticket I purchased from the seminar is non-refundable, but I can transfer it to your name. I am in Seattle, but I have a paypal account that I can use to invoice you. If you'd like more assurance, I can also refer you to the main phone number at my office, which is an architecture firm in Seattle. I have also corresponded with the event coordinators, so they should be able to verify the above.

Thanks!
Forest
Seattle, WA

Oct 17, 07 2:21 am
mdler

he has one of these...in blue

Oct 17, 07 2:25 am  · 
 · 
forestmuir

Not sure what that means, really. Anyhow, I forgot to include my email above: [email protected] Let me know if you're interested in taking my place at the seminar.

Oct 17, 07 2:35 am  · 
 · 
mdler

johnathan has a blue ferrari 250 lusso gt

Oct 17, 07 2:52 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Love to go but I don't have $400! Thanks anyway. ;o)

Oct 17, 07 3:10 am  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

mdler

that's good to know. I'm a bit more partial to the 250 GTB, but if he can help me obtain a Lusso the seminar is woth my $400.

Oct 17, 07 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
blah

email me.

Oct 17, 07 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
forestmuir

Thanks for the interest folks. I sold the ticket. Best of luck on getting your very own Ferrari. Red or black for me, thanks.

Oct 17, 07 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

How do I miss everything by so little....

Oct 17, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
grid

does someone want to video tape this lecture and scan the hand outs? it'd be a great way to support the architecture community.

Oct 18, 07 1:25 am  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

It explicitly states in the flyer "No video cameras, photographs or recordigns of the event will be allowed under any circumstances." And I imagine the handout will have some sort of copy protection as well.

I also doubt too many people shelling out the $800 are going to want to give it up for free.

I was going to do it for $400, not sure if I want to pay $800 (if there's any room left) we'll see.

I wonder if they'd do better moeny wise filming it and selling a DVD / Brochure. I think if you sold it for $50 you'd easily sell 16 times as many. They could do late nite real estate infomercials and all.

Oct 18, 07 1:36 am  · 
 · 
trace™

I asked if they would have a web video or release a video. The answer was 'no plans at this time'. My bet is now that it's almost over, the hype will fade. Give 'em a few months and they'll release it (fingers crossed).

I'd buy one. I'd have paid 800, too, if I didn't have to fly there too.

Oct 18, 07 8:32 am  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

Yeah I would have a hard time with flying and a hotel and all that, but I happen to be in LA next week staying with some friends so it's just a matter of staying a few extra days and coming up with the money for the seminar.

Oct 18, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i may end up haning out with Jonathan when he is in town...he is friends with my boss

Oct 18, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
gresham

So did anyone go to this? Thoughts?

Was it worth 800 bucks or was I better off saving my money for the Donald Trump Real Estate Wealth Expo?

Oct 30, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
emaze

please think before you post...

Oct 30, 07 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
gresham

Thanks, emaze.

I should have looked more carefully before I posted.

Oct 30, 07 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
andrewksu

Segal is doing a lecture in D.C. on Aug 24th. Read more here: http://www.architectasdeveloper.com/

If anyone is interested, I have secured a discount rate if I can get a group together. Pricing is reduced from the current $795 to $595 or as low as $495 if a can get 15.

Contact me at [email protected] if interested in getting the discount rate.

Aug 5, 08 11:12 am  · 
 · 
Alackrity

I think he heads the M.A. arch/developer course at Woodbury University in San Diego as well.

Aug 5, 08 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
onyx_one

Are any of you interested in the Jonathan Segal architect as developer seminar?  I'm selling the videos and documents for $75 that I bought for $500 from architectasdeveloper.com.  It's invaluable insight that will change your approach to professional practice and empower your career.  Email me at [email protected] if interested.

May 28, 13 10:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: