Archinect
anchor

Boutique Hotels in San Francisco

fiver

I know, I'm a sucker for them. Any interesting ones in SF that you recommend?

Sep 2, 04 4:16 pm
monkeyboy

cliff (or is it clift) hotel. I think by stark. and there is one on the other side of the same street (Geary) that is pretty cool. Cant remember the name though.

Sep 2, 04 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

The Mosser is pretty cool - You can save big on one of the eurostyle rooms

Sep 2, 04 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
JAG

look for one called "Diva"

Sep 2, 04 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
mimiz

try the phoenix... total rock star hotel... closest thing SF gets to the standard.

Sep 2, 04 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
traced

thumbs up to hotel diva, i stayed there last year, great location and price
Hotel Diva

Sep 2, 04 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
im

ian schrager's 'clift' hotel.

Sep 2, 04 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

yeah, diva is the one i couldnt remember the name of. near the clift.
there is also the W hotel.

Sep 2, 04 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
bryan boyer

Clift is way overpriced, you'd be better off to stop by for an overpriced drink at the Clift's smartly-upgraded redwood room and take one of the other hotel recommendations.

Sep 2, 04 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
redchairs

clift = pretentious

Sep 3, 04 1:29 am  · 
 · 
sahar

The W is really ugly. I think it is one of the worst buildings in SF, and it had to be right next to all this nice stuff, so its ugliness is even more apparent. When I moved here, I stayed in an old Victorian hotel with all the fittings (aka no TV or other conveniences). The old Chinese man who owned it lived there too, and would make dim sum and crepes for breakfast. mmm... It is kind of on the edge of a really nice neighborhood and a really not nice one though.

Sep 3, 04 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
lps

clift pretentious, well isn't that the point? but rooms are great and large and you can get deals on the net. they do tend to hover and invade your space a bit much .. i.e. what are YOU going to do today? are you feeling great etc etc .. wish they would just stay pretty and just do their job

Sep 3, 04 1:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: