Acute angle buildings


Is there a codified term for buildings that are built on acute angle lots and thus are acute angled themselves? I am thinking of the Flatiron (Fuller) Building, NYC, 1902. Art deco from the early 1900s type buildings.

Jan 11, 13 6:02 pm

i believe they are called 'flatiron.'  you can have a flatiron building in your neighborhood, but it isn't the flatiron building (unless the flatiron building is in your neighborhood).

Jan 12, 13 9:44 am

Yes, I agree. It seems they are all being named after the comment made over 100 years ago. I wonder if the industry should codify the term or create a more apt one. 'Horizontal triangular buildings constrained by a triangular parcel?

Jan 12, 13 1:04 pm
boy in a well

oh you mean a Hotribuco-b-tripar?

I'll call marketing.

Jan 14, 13 7:54 pm

The word triangular comes to mind

Jan 15, 13 10:12 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

  • ×Search in: