Archinect
anchor

Best countries to study architecture?

ariels

Hi I'm currently studying architecture in Australia. I'm currently considering possibly doing an exchange program as I think it will be very beneficial to my education. I'm positive I won't be continuing to do my masters in Australia as I want to experience a different sort of education. This will definitely be a major step to independence in my life, but something I'm willing to do since I don't want to limit my education to one country.

Obviously I'm just looking for suggestions, so I'm welcome to anything. For exchange I was thinking of doing it for my third year in my undergraduate degree. I was thinking maybe somewhere close like in Asia like Japan (I have an aunt who lives quite a distance from Tokyo) and a lot of architects like Tadao Ando and Toyo Ito come from Japan so I'm curious about education there. Europe is a fascinating destination too as well as USA and Canada.

Obviously after my degree I'll be having a gap break and trying to save money and also do some backpacking.

For my masters, I'm thinking highly of doing it in Europe. Somewhere like Germany or France or England is a dream come true. Clearly ambitious but I feel it will be fascinating to undertake education there. I heard Bauhaus is an interesting path too. I also hear European schools value drawing skills and I'm fascinated as to master that concept.

What are your suggestions?

Jan 4, 13 9:41 am

Any place that takes architecture seriously and actually help students find work in architecture, without the "red tape".

Jan 4, 13 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

why would you leave australia?  Europe is an economic mess, the US is not much better...Last I heard australia is doing pretty good.  Stay in australia.  High quality of life, good economy, good food, beautiful cities and natural wonders.......The grass ain't always greener on the other side mate.  If you must leave go to Japan.

Jan 5, 13 12:49 am  · 
 · 
ariels

Oh Australia is magnificent but I feel like it would be a great experience. Thanks for the advice you guys.

Jan 5, 13 6:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: