Archinect
anchor

To All "experienced archinectors"

vado retro

that was the first recorded "pull my finger" gag.

Sep 20, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
dia

SanFranArch9 - I have only 1570 comments but you are right to want to worship me... I'm an Archinect Old Boy after all.

Sep 20, 07 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

our friend seems to have abandoned his own thread. he became the very thing he set out to destroy...

it's almost "pothetic"!

Sep 20, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

don't bogart that joint my friend....

Sep 20, 07 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittleā„¢

kill the brick.

Sep 20, 07 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
myriam
Sep 20, 07 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

I would imagine that many of 95% of users of Archinect who are not registered might agree with SF9. Not a popular opinion, sorry :^)

Sep 20, 07 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

But on what grounds does someone complain about a community that they choose to influence in no more positive manner?

Granted I've been a bit disconnected this last week, but when has SF9 (or indeed, that 95% to which you refer!) tried to better the community by starting topics which better it, or engaging in and promoting this serious discussion they desire so ardently? If it's happened, I haven't seen it, and am certainly at a loss as to how it is even possible for those to which Liebchen refers until they register.

Sep 20, 07 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I agree with ratonalist. You get what you give.

Sep 20, 07 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

(here's the 'i' that fell out of your name, rationalist)

Sep 20, 07 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Liebchen

You don't have to receive (read, learn, and enjoy the forums) without having to give (register and comment). The postings on the forum are not protected by a log in requirement.

Certainly, there is a great deal of traffic on threads engaged in serious discussion, great arguments, and some funny jokes. On a whole, everyone is right, the forum is great. But threads like this. stand out to a new user. Poor dude just want to see some great representations...instead he gets 3dh rants, a joke that's not that funny, and some binary code.

Sep 21, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

You don't have to receive (read, learn, and enjoy the forums) without having to give (register and comment). The postings on the forum are not protected by a log in requirement.

Certainly, there is a great deal of traffic on threads engaged in serious discussion, great arguments, and some funny jokes. On a whole, everyone is right, the forum is great. But threads like this. stand out to a new user. Poor dude just want to see some great representations...instead he gets 3dh rants, a joke that's not that funny, and some binary code.

Sep 21, 07 8:45 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

liebchen's right about apu's fancy graphics thread, and i'd say it's fairly common that threads go the way of 3dh rant, not funny joke, total nonsense, death of thread (or some variation therof). perhaps this is just the natural life cycle of most threads.

i think to pretend that the way of the discussion forum is infallible is a little misguided. it's a complete free for all, often times a mess, but antagonizing its most frequent contributors is not the best way to change it.

Sep 21, 07 9:16 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I don't find it Rant if a tread with that name , ends up offering, a number of good designs all buildable , by young designers , testing out a grant new way, to put buildings together.

And what's wrong asuming an offer of participating a tread with relevant , real, architect project not just fancy graphics, but credits, new houses and finaly something happening than over seasoned theoretics about what architecture shuld be about.

Offcaurse it is a daring wish, that a tread with some of the nice graphics everyone has been asking for, also shuld make visionary results unless someone take the time, and contribuate a whole design, with the expertation this can just like that , be projected and as build documented, and granted, treads with refreshing acturly expanding issues ---- Treads that would make a difference, must attract those designers who belive in the options with all these changes in architecture,---- Also allready it seem one or maybe two other members, who would hate if anything visionary happen within architecture, contribuated with everything else than fancy graphics .

Please remember what arguments I put up , what promises I point to and how I do this general aswell as using 3dh as example, why one or two out of thousands vaste your time posting mails that is vain complains and not answers or even ever comments about these new ,methods and 3dh ------ allway's personal attacks, claims I "again" offtrack a discussion where fact is, that my posts are ballanced where those are hysteric ; Tell me if things are to happen in architecture, and if these things that must happen, are lame complains about new methods those dustbags brag they don't even understand.

A tread that would bring this ; nice designs by young tallented designers, need young talented designers and not complaining old dustbags --- Architecture need fresh new visions not complains for the social issues of it, when issue are progress !

My messeage with this , is that I hope some here, just one or two, see an idea with a tread where you present a building made in Solids in a CAD program to ask the oppinion from the rendered images, and then the best of these, would be calculated for buildable structure ; I know Liebschen would hate that anyone shuld in front and instead of Liebschen, present a beautifull house, Liebschen rather see nothing build and rather use these treads complaining about 3dh, a method Liebschen don't even understand, or maybe Liebschen newer even seen a CAD program, know architecture at all.

Sep 21, 07 11:29 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

sorry, per, it was unfair to single you out.

Sep 21, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

Jafidler, thanks, I agree with your first post after mine. There isn't a need to create negative threads about the Archinect cliche. However, to deny its existence, behaviors, and possible negative attributes is not helpful.

Sep 21, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

thanks guys. Seriously folks, I wanna see some fancy graphics! I know alot of you cats are in grad school that specialize in it (or went to them). Let's see some!

Sep 21, 07 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
cf

I like the posts that are perfectly good, interesting questions. But someone else has, in partnership with the original poster, already written an answer to the question. This previously written, airtight, lengthy answer is posted after several people have already posted into the beginning of an interesting discussion. And you wonder why you bored with some of the posts.
Cull, Ban?

Sep 21, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"sorry, per, it was unfair to single you out"

I will survive that, but it seem people are a bit slow --- what's wrong suggesting something that proberly work --- everyone are complaining no fancy graphics are celebrated, then I suggest any design, today's modeling technikes, today's manufactoring, but most important, a reliable structure, for any design, just you realy made the wall as thick it must be, the floors to the thickness that produce a self sufficient building core.

The official fancy graphics lovers tread, shuld not display anything but clear wishes for computer programs that work with computers, new thinking, progress and nice new grand designs, also this you fight, case it is suggested in 3dh ; now realy isn't that just crazy crazy and nothing more crazy to fight the only thing that will bring that, and make an architecture fora, into the tool to do just that ?

Sep 21, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Out of how many who read the treads, -- one or two, ---- one or two allway's result complains nothing else than complains and no better suggestions newer newer a better suggestion, just complains I suggest 3dh and at the same time suggest bettering a 3dh way of thinking to something better than 3dh ; but even this suggestion are newer newer newer answered, -- newer about the usability of 3dh but complains out of social or irelevant claims --- allway's in various treads, ending up in personal attacks, where the relevance of a new way to put building compoments together, are long forgotten. , the silent 99 pct. reading these treads find no reson to complain about me .

Complaining, and then if you succes , bragging about how difficult you find 3dh you offer nothing, you promise nothing after that, you don't say " Now after we harrased 3dh out , by personal attacks and pretended stupidity , fools questions , when succes we suggest the real solution ; now what would that be ?

Obsessivly fight 3dh as it has been done here, get it in to your concrete brain, ten thousands newer found reson to complain ; think about that.

-- where none of the arguments ever was the reference any of my questions ever answered for the benefit of these totaly unproductive attacks ; they make no new methods, crowding together fighting a shere method and as side effect a nice guy, you brag about you don't even understand 3dh, and emagine I leave, then you will newer bring anything to replace it, even offer something different at all , but just keep things as they are, and newer a new architecture. Not architecture for bringing the cheap new houses the fancy new designs, the new jobs, the arogant tallented young designers. Those who can use a computer.

Sep 21, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

SanFranarch9

You're the bright spark who claimed to work for SOM in a hiring position. Why don't to stop trying to provoke other archinectors with your discussion pranks, and you may actually learn something. If you don't like the discussions, don't read them!

Sep 21, 07 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
SanFranarch9

everything that has been posted has confirmed what I said...

This site is damn near pointless........

Sep 22, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
SanFranarch9

And why the HELL is having a certain amount of posts impressive?????

Sounds like these people just have too much time on their hands...

Sep 22, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF BEEF

Dude, you have at least 2,978 more posts before you can start copping that attitude.

Sep 22, 07 9:07 pm  · 
 · 

personally i have not enough time, but enjoy wasting/spending it here ocassionally anyway.

your attitude is fine. posts inumerous are unecessary and irrelevant, and maybe there is merit to your original idea...i don't know. more to the point i don't care.

archinect is a nice place to visit but i don't live here, and neither does anyone else. no one is forced to be here, nor forced to read threads. and no one is cut for being obnoxious or stupid (though there have been some close calls). the unmoderated aspect of this place is impt to atmosphere. so you get to visit too, which i wholeheartedly support. keep it coming, sanfanarch9.

it is a pity you feel upset by the way things are, more a pity that we collectively do not live up to your standards...but to be honest so far your own posts are not particularly high-end commentary...so what gives?

if you can lead by example i am all set to support whatever you got going on, but if you are only interested in being loud, well shit i have a 3 year old who can scream her head off like alice cooper trippin on acid...so i don't need much of that. which is why i have refrained from posting here. i will likely not post again. or even read the thread again. i have that power. its a zen thing.

Sep 22, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
SanFranarch9

you are a tool

Sep 22, 07 9:46 pm  · 
 · 

Hmmm .... now wait a minute. There's something very familiar about your tone, about your trolling. Wait, I got it. Bear with me for a sec. I have a feeling that you are an M.Arch student at the GSD. You occasionally come onto this website to stir things up. Especially in March.

Ahhhh ... you must be para2 (aka parallel38)!!!!!!

Welcome back!!!!!

Sep 22, 07 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

NANANANANANANANANANA BATMANZ!!!1!!1

Sep 22, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
Sep 22, 07 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
ARKTEK

no one here knows me personally, but goddammit I love this place

Sep 23, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 

I've been afraid to join this thread - I guess for obvious reasons. But I have over 3000 posts - granted its all been a blur as most of those occurred whilst in my period of recovery 2. No one is kissing my ass - I would hope that I knew if they were 3. I didn't attend a prestigious school - but i've had an interesting architectural education 4. Its hard not to get into babble when you have a thread condemning people who choose to be active in threads no matter what they are about, and even if they blasting them for just adding commentary. If you see it is invalid, say something that is rather than just bitching about it.

As my dear friend in TC said, enough talking about archinect and just talk (ad lib, thanks LB you are inspiration for us all - even if they don't want to admit)

Sep 23, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
SanFranarch9

4arch you are also a serious tool..... congrats

Sep 28, 07 12:33 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

ZOMG, he's back!

Sep 28, 07 12:38 am  · 
 · 
4arch

wtf did I do?! chill out man.

Sep 28, 07 7:41 am  · 
 · 

maybe we should take this thread outside...good old fashioned fistycuffs!

Sep 28, 07 8:12 am  · 
 · 
cf

This thread sux and so does Harvard..., SCIARC rules!

Sep 28, 07 8:47 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

p2an, take it to the bitch thread

Sep 28, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: