Archinect
anchor

the architect's all-in-one

I am sure many of us here in archinect are moonlighting satisfying their own causes for architecture, or are making the leap into private practice with their laptop in tow. This doesn't seek to resolve or query the financial or professional burden so don't pack up just yet.

Here's my dilemma::

I am looking for an all-in-one output device that scans, prints and faxes. But everything I am seeing on the market is limited to a4/letter sized paper. Is there anything bigger? Something that can handle a3/tabloid. I get most of my working drawings printed professionally and offset by the client but I need something to handle the daily grind.

Com'n archinect....help!

Sep 18, 07 10:43 pm
BabbleBeautiful

my all-in-one is a canon multipass mp730, bought in 2003-04-ish. i've loved it. the printing quality is beautiful, it's relatively fast as these machines go, and the interface is easy.

the only glitch: if you have the fax machine on the same line as the phone, it randomly cuts off phone calls not necessarily because of any fax activity. so i'd just advise having it on a separate line from phone.

cost around $250 on amazon when i got it.

Sep 19, 07 7:32 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

a not to distant quetion in the future: what is a fax?

Sep 19, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I still find it odd that I've only sent 4 faxes in my life...i'm 28.

Sep 19, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
cf

I have an old HP4110 and strangely enough, it's called "all-in-one".

Sep 19, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

yea to be honest the fax part doesn't really attract me much, I can do that stuff from the office anyway.

Sep 19, 07 9:13 pm  · 
 · 

afra - there ain't no fricking way. That's more than a hole in my pocket that's me in the black hole

Sep 19, 07 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

I have a cannon s9000 which I really like. It's not an all in one, but it can print up to 13 x 19, and it can do really really great quality prints if need be. It uses seperate ink cartridges for each color so you dont' have to replace the whole thing when one dies. the heads are seperate from the ink cartridge which means they are of a higher quality than when the heads are attached to the disposible cartridge.

I have a seperate scanner which I use if I need to fax something do an e-fax (which actually is quite nice) or go to kinkos when I need a fax. I don't have a hardline for my phone, only cell, and I dont want to add the cost of a phone line for the 1 of 2 faxes I may or may not send send or recieve over the next 7 years, nor do I want fax machine sitting in my living room collecting dust. I decided against an all in one because I couldn't find any that could print as large as I needed nor were they usually very good quality prints and at time it's a nice ability to have for presentations.

Sep 20, 07 7:13 am  · 
 · 
SDR

"All-in-one" presently is used for printer/scanner/copiers either with or without fax. . .

Sep 22, 07 1:07 am  · 
 · 

been developing this software application for a couple of months now - would love feed back :)

www.designerpages.com/beta ; invitation code: shop

Sep 26, 07 2:50 am  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

SDR

I assume your comment is directed at me:

Yes. I know what "all-in-one" means. If you read enough of my post to know I was suggesting something other than an all in one, then you must have read the first line which says "It's not an all in one" and then you would have read the part where I suggest how an all in one might not be the way to go and explain how my setup achieves the same functionality as an all in one "printer/scanner/copier with or without fax" with better quality, potentially better price, and allows to print on the larger format like architechnophilia is seeking. But I can see how one might have been confused by it so thanks for calrifying that for everyone . . .

jls244

Please stop spamming all our threads with your add. It wont help your business.

Sep 26, 07 3:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: