Archinect
anchor

Huge Illustrator files

yoiyoi

I set up an illustrator page from 7 images worked on in photoshop and saved as tiff files with lzw compression checked. (Total size=25MB)
After laying them out in illustrator, the size of the resulting illustrator file blows up to over 85MB. Now, when i check the links layout in illustrator for the sizes of these files, they show as the same as what they were in photoshop.

Can anyone explain what could be possible reasons for this and suggest any steps I could take to reduce the final illustrator size.

Thanks

Sep 18, 07 8:30 pm
A Center for Ants?

that actually doesn't sound unreasonable for an illustrator file. but i'd just make sure all your instances of the raster images are linked rather than embedded... if that's so, i don't think you can do much else.

also depending on purpose i'd consider using JPGs instead of tiffs. people hem and haw about compression but i've always felt for 90% of things a JPG at highest quality is acceptable.

Sep 19, 07 1:04 am  · 
 · 
yoiyoi

thanks ACfA for response

Sep 19, 07 10:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: