Archinect
anchor

shakey jake died

won and done williams

most of you will probably have no idea who this is, but for those of you who spent part of your life in ann arbor, this is a sad loss to that community.

Sep 18, 07 8:01 pm
le bossman

OH MY GOD. i used to sit next to shakey jake when i rode the plymouth road bus to work at the art museum. shakey jake was an institution. he used to talk to himself and go "bum budum bum bum" as if humming a tune. at first i was afraid of him.

i never really knew the story behind shakey jake, and i can't say i really understood him. i thought he was homeless. he was an interesting guy though, everybody knew him.

Sep 18, 07 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

a bunch of um alums at work today were swapping shakey jake stories. the wife of one of my co-workers was giving shakey jake a ride somewhere when she was pulled over for speeding. the cop looked in the car, saw jake sitting in the passenger seat, and asked, "is that shakey jake?" when she nodded, he told them to go on their way.

the man commanded a lot of respect around that city.

Sep 18, 07 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

that's sad. i was pretty distraught after faz died too.

Sep 19, 07 8:47 am  · 
 · 
drizzler

this is sad... i lived in A2 for 9 years and remember that guy very well.

Sep 22, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 

A legend. There are some good stories in the Comments section of the link jafidler provided.

Sep 23, 07 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
siggy

...for those of us who don't know him, maybe you can share what made him a legend in that city?

Sep 27, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
siggy

(well, reading the article helps a bit.)
;)

anyway, we had an icon in the town I grew up in as well.

Sep 27, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: