Archinect
anchor

video editing software recommendations???

treekiller

So, a last minute proposal needs to be pulled together for a sports stadium in two days.

one of our consultants has provided some great animation from their other projects for us to use. But we need to edit these clips into something specific for this project. One of the video clips (for the olympic stadium in beijing) is 5 minutes longer then what we want to show and there are some glitches in some of the other clips that we want to cut out too.

I used Adobe Premier once or twice in grad school and have watched experts use avid for hours on end...

So what software should I get my hands on to do this rudimentary editing (our office has none right now)?

What are the pros, cons and best value of the other software packages out their?

Sep 18, 07 5:30 pm
Philarch

The cheaper and easier to use (and obviously not as fancy or as many functions) is Techsmith's Camtasia. Good for editing, adding sounds, adding callouts and etc. Pretty much intuitive to learn.

Sep 18, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

thanks philarch!

since we don't have much time to get this proposal done, after some basic research I'm having ourIT guy pick up adobe premier elements tonight. hope the editing take less then the 6 hours I'm guessing it will take...

still, I'd love to hear more discussion on this subject. I'll let ya'll know how this goes and how much I remember from grads school and my daze in hollywood.

Sep 18, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

oh, I missed finding this thread because of that typo in the title, I searched for 'editing' & 'video'

not 'editting'

we can let this thread die.

Sep 18, 07 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
Yeri Tan

Recently, I have ffound a easy-to-use video editing tool.

It can let you apply basic video editing skills like cutting, trimming, or merging. Of course, it can also add special effects such as texts, transition, musics, etc.

I think it it useful for me. 

Mar 15, 21 4:39 am  · 
 · 
quasi-arch

If you’re just doing basic cuts there are a lot of basic, free programs. 

If you want something more advanced, Davinci Resolve. There is a free version. A bit of a learning curve and you need a pretty powerful computer, but it’s got everything you could ever need. 

Mar 16, 21 11:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: