Archinect
anchor

stephen king's 1408 rocks!!!

aspect

those surrealist trick of defamilarization of architectural objects scare the shit out of the audience!!

is very rare in those horror movie that architecture can become the scary subject and not just a background.

Sep 14, 07 10:40 am
aspect

the movie reminds me of a quote from frank gehry "the hardest thing to design is a single room for a oneself"

Sep 14, 07 10:43 am  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

from the ads it looked lame but i might have to check it out now if you say its good. i loved the short story its based on.. king at his best in my opinion, running with an idea an starting, developing, and finishing it in 20-30 pages with zero 'filler', that's always been his forte i think and not the encyclopedia sized novels.... also i think he accomplishes just what you said with words which ain't easy so that's cool if the movie stays true to that.

Sep 14, 07 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

not meant to give away the story but i think it couldn't be more architectural than this...

the whole story evolves with a single man against a evil room... when all the architectural elements (sprinklers/ducts/windows, walls...etc) began to start betraying one's preconception about its function... and what the general public take it (i.e. architecture) for granted began to transgress.

Sep 14, 07 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
obelix

How about "The Mist"? That movie looks kind of cool. I'm sure Diller and Scofidio will go see it.

Sep 14, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

free-tv-video-online.info

I am watching it now.

Cusac in a horror flick...weird

Sep 16, 07 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i jumped a few times

Sep 16, 07 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i was freaked out by the preview...

Sep 17, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

Stephen King re 'the mist':

Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead.

awesome.

article

Nov 21, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, that's it, I want to see The Mist. Rarely does a scary movie come out that looks intriguing enough for me to see......all those horror films with people cutting each other up do nothing for me.

I guess I'll see 1408 now too. I mean, John Cusack is in it.....it can't be all that bad.

Nov 21, 07 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah i third...(?)

I wanted to see 1408 but didn't when it came out.
Now i will at least rent it/steal it (digitally)

And i do want to see the Mist.

My only problem with stephen King movies is that too often the movie/plotline/protagonist are freaky and scary as hell, and then towards the end of the movie you see "it" and "it" is always lame/cheezy fx etc..

Of course this is true for many horror films.

Nov 21, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: