Archinect
anchor

Job description Question?

s=r*(theta)

If there is an employment opening that states the following:

We are seeking an experienced  assist ant Project Manager in the design and production of Architectural projects assigned to them. A minimum of 1 years’ experience using Revit Architectural Suite is required as well as 7-10 years’ work experience as an AutoCAD

Requirements

Qualifications

Ability to persuasively and visually communicate ideas

Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project personnel

Understanding of architectural building systems

Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team

Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office applications and Autodesk Revit is required

Ability to formulate sound and educated decisions based upon available information; strong self-confidence

Excellent time management and organization skills

(i have only done tutorials and fool around at home with revit, no office work experience with it) Everything else I definitely have the experience, so Is it wise for me to apply if i do not have one year of Revit experience?

Thank you in advance

Dec 20, 12 4:08 pm
geezertect

What do you have to lose?

Dec 21, 12 11:45 am  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

well, i just dont want to get caught with my pants down so to speak, if im hired and then they throw a file on my desk expecting a grand symphony and im just a couple of tunes

Dec 21, 12 3:58 pm  · 
 · 

I would still apply. More than likely during interview they will ask you about it and you can explain. I would just try to learn much as possible before day of interview and/or before you start working there (if it came to that).

Dec 21, 12 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Guys,

Thanks! i was called in for an interview and promised a second interview!!!

Jan 11, 13 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
poiuy

Apply for all ads that look remotely interesting, even if you don't fit all the requirements.

Before the internet when ads were in newspapers, employers were more selective with their requests because they had to pay by the line, so being picky got expensive.

Now on sites like Craigslist they can ramble on about their "dream employee", not realizing that they're scaring away nearly everybody who would have made a good employee with a bit of training. 

NONE of these systems are rocket science.. give anybody a few weeks and they can pick up the basics. 

Luv the ads that couple knowledge of some obscure system with other specific requirements ; "Must know ViZquickee, Plecht 3.0 and be able to sketch beautifully using Crayola"

Also, lots of ads are just teasers or testers... they might advertise for one position, but are looking for three people.

Half the time they don't know what they want, or are desperate because four people left at the same time, and they can't keep anyone longer than a few months.

There was a thread here that posted ridiculous Craigslist ads.. some of them are pretty funny.. others are just sad.

I saw an ad with endless requirements demanding "Ninja-like" Revit skills.. and the pay was $25 an hour.. not bad - but shouldn't the going rate for Ninjas be higher?

Apr 4, 13 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

I saw an ad with endless requirements demanding "Ninja-like" Revit skills.. and the pay was $25 an hour.. not bad - but shouldn't the going rate for Ninjas be higher?

Only one thing - there are a lot of Revit Ninjas

well, i just dont want to get caught with my pants down so to speak, if im hired and then they throw a file on my desk expecting a grand symphony and im just a couple of tunes

Good concern - 

I would study real hard an make sure you have a  thorough knowledge of Revit before you apply - 

Apr 4, 13 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Define:

"I would study real hard an make sure you have a  thorough knowledge of Revit"

Apr 4, 13 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

1. get Mastering Revit 2013  and go through it verbatim page  by  page

2. Get a project of your choice and re-create it in Revit - Concept - SD,CD + CD

3. Create keyboard Shortcuts - you need to practice until you have speed and dexterity - kind of like playing Piano - sort of like practicing scales

Apr 4, 13 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

ive used acad for 14yrs, will this help in me becoming a wise revit guru like you great "sensei"?

Apr 4, 13 3:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: