Archinect
anchor

Michael Jackson is dead!

treekiller

NO - not that owner of bubbles and a gazzillion nose jobs in his post-puberty singing career who now lives in dubai.

The death was Micheal Jackson, the author and connoisseur, who introduced microbrew beer to the masses. So I propose a hoisting a pint in his memory and thanking him for inspiring real beer.

[url=http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-jackson2sep02,0,5940996.story?coll=la-home-obituaries]LAtimes[/url}

beer hunter

the official toast will be held on September 30th

Sep 2, 07 5:05 pm
eastcoastarch03

i was going to be like, "shit yeah', but it's the wrong MJ

Sep 2, 07 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
e

He will certainly be missed. Not only was he vastly knowledgeable of beer, but also whisky.

Sep 2, 07 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

opps- bad link to the LATime Obit
LAtimes

Sep 2, 07 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

'tis a sad day then. I drink to his honor!

Sep 2, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
nomadzilla

treekiller,
just for the record, the owner of bubbles and a gazzillion nose jobs in his post-puberty singing career doesn't live in dubai, he lives in Bahrain, that's a whole other country,
BTW,are you related to that beauty pageant from South Carolina?
nevermind....

Sep 2, 07 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i bet he was quite a fan .. wonder what his favorite song was?

it's so hard to pick just one

Sep 2, 07 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

nomad- my bad... I was just a little teary eyed and all the emerates sort of blur together in my mind.

Sep 3, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 

i did not know that much about m jackson. still don't, but i heard an interview yesterday on npr station. it was very interesting that he started as a hard news journalist and told a story about how all the journalists are beer drinkers (i guess it is a tradition) but they always write about wine. so, he wanted to change that and went into details etc. i was very fascinated that he is more like a philosopher and beautiful way of looking at things and he uses beer to say in what he writes.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14154096

Sep 5, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

Three Cheers for the Life and Times of Michael Jackson!

what a guy...what a gift to beer drinkers the world over he was.

i brewed many a batch of fine ale with his words as a guiding principle.

seems like in 2007 a lot of luminaries have gone to the big party in the sky, have returned to the force, have passed on, whatever you want to call it...

vonnegut, bergman, brooke astor, leona helmsley, art davis, robert anton wilson...the list goes on and on. maybe this is every year, and this one happens to be more people i'm familiar with.

either way...i will raise a glass of brewed lovely in MJ's honor!

Sep 5, 07 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

what are the laws about children and monkeys in dubai?

Sep 5, 07 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
jae

why'd you get my hopes up with that title

Sep 7, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: