Archinect
anchor

your last stop? (after college)

eastcoastarch03

I still have a few years ahead of me to finish up my undergrad, but I'm thinking ahead at the moment.

Where did you all end up after college? What made you move there or stay where you were? Or did you just move back home and start working there?

I'm up for a change of pace and don't really want to move back to my hometown....

Aug 22, 07 9:35 am
john bender

i moved back to my hometown and got a job with a large corporate firm. it's working out good so far.

Aug 22, 07 10:15 am  · 
 · 
cadalyst

get to work you slacker, we have wall sections to draw!

Aug 22, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 
TED

usually after college i am up at the highgate in throw'n a couple of guiness down and taking in a bit of footie or cricket.

Aug 22, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 
Misen

I moved back to my hometown, but my hometown is LA. I had to save up money for grad school, so I took the highest paying job and lived at home with my parents.

Few years later, off to grad school.

Aug 23, 07 12:14 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

i had to turn down an opportunity to work abroad, thanks to my s.o., so i was forced into indentured servitude on the opposite coast of my friends and family.

it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Aug 23, 07 12:24 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

anyone up and move to texas? i don't know if i can stand the heat but i like the people

Aug 28, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

I've lived in TX my whole life. The heat sucks in the summer if you're out walkin' around in it. Its pretty pleasant (50's) in the winters here. Up in the panhandle we even get snow a few times a year.

Personally I'm still torn between Dallas and Denver after I finish school. (Denver has seasons and mountains and trees)

Aug 28, 07 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I headed for the mountains, something about those John Denver songs!

Aug 28, 07 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
NoSleep

I moved to Austin, took a corporate job, reassessed my goals. Now in M.Arch program in San Antonio.

Aug 28, 07 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

" I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this..."

Aug 28, 07 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

i love austin. had a visit a while back.

Aug 28, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I started school for a new career, then moved home. Great choices, so far.

Aug 29, 07 8:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: